Hello from Dorset, Bought my first RS - 250 cup

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by RS250 castle combe, May 3, 2020.

1. Be aware of the AD08r's, they will overheat very quickly, i managed 4 laps at a cool Anglesey before they went like jelly

2. Good man !! id say you have a bit more roll , but hard to say as its a slightly different angel ?

3. I cant remember would have to speak to someone. Yeah I think getting 120-125mph on approach to Avon rise. Engine is standard 265, just a K&N air filter non standard.

4. I cant remember would have to speak to someone. Yeah I think getting 120-125mph on approach to Avon rise. Engine is standard 265, just a K&N air filter non standard.

5. Yeah I got pics with less roll just thought would put that one up to give you an idea of car on standard cup suspension.

6. Good man !! id say you have a bit more roll , but hard to say as its a slightly different angel ?
    Ok Ian will do, there is a good chance of a hot day in July for sure, but knowing my luck it will be raining .

7. As you guys know, that’s a fast/high load corner.

8. Sounds pretty good for standard to me (speed wise ) but i'm sure Ian would have good knowledge on lap times .

9. Thanks for that :neutral:

10. yes its a tricky one for braking i found but good fun all the same

11. I was watching his laps in 225 on YouTube the other day, ha

12. Get it set up on way in the bang the throttle down and let the diff drag you full I find best way, way. Nice track anyway Castle Combe, been there twice in Megane I think.

RS250 castle combe likes this.
  13. I have only done one track day there and that was in my Mk2, the video i put up earlier is probably the fastest laps there.

I don't time myself, the only way i know what time i have done is by looking at a video when i look at home.

One i do know though is Spa, 3.02 is the best i have managed but i have quite a few laps at that time, that's in my standard power 265

14. yes Ian has some great footage from different tracks , Spa looks really awesome !
    I want to try Thruxton some time soon

15. Yeahhhh that’s why I was surprised at your pressures. Ive seen loads of people running AD08s at about 27-30psi cold and have had no issues with over heating.

16. I wouldn't have a clue regarding Spa times .. but your video on 595s in the wet was good to watch !

ianplymouth likes this.
  17. The ad08r's i had on my 225, never had i ever will have them on my 265.

i was running 32psi front and 28 rear on my 225

18. Will upload some for tomorrow night

19. Dose tyre size change anything ? mine are 235/40 18 or is that the normal size

20. Cool thx !

21. Sorry I couldn’t understand what you are saying?

22. I have only run AD08r's on my Mk2 ran them at 32psi front, 28 rear, they were 255 35 18

I will not buy another set, there are better semi slicks for less money and there are better road tyres for less money.

Hope that now makes sense :laughing::laughing:

Coopz21x likes this.
  23. It might do, i run 255 35 18's semi's, road and wet tyres are 235 35 19's

24. Ah I see now. What you run on your MK3? No idea what to go for?

25. for the road and wet tracks i have run Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 3's, very impressed with them especially in the wet, but i have now fitted the Asymmetric 5's, not really had chance to try them properly but there supposed to be a step up from the 3's.

As for track tyres i use Federal 595's, reasonably priced and last okay, good as a road tyre as well but standing water is to be avoided.

I bought 2 sets of R888's was not impressed with them either, still got one set left, was going to use them at the Ring to get rid of them, but that got cancelled so they will sit there till next year, i rate them the same as AD08r's :fearscream:

Coopz21x likes this.
  26. INTERESTING, so from your experience Ian , can you rate these tyres just for ( DRY TRACK USE)
    INTERESTING, so on your own experience Ian, just for (dry track tyre )
    Which would you rate best for grip
    595s
    R888's
    R888R's
    Ns2r's
    AD08R's

27. I would have no hesitation with the 595's, i did have a set of Ns2r's on my 225 (they were on the car at Castle combe) i thought they were okay, then everyone told me they were shite.

The R888r's are supposed to be inferior to the R888's, never tried the 888r's so i don't know.
    Ad08r's same as the R888's not for me.

This is just my thinking, there will be some that believe the others are better.

Ar1's are on another level (apparently) but for the price and the tread depth i'll keep with the 595's.

28. here you go :sunglasses:

29. I had my BC coilovers fitted the day before, so was getting used to them, i changed the settings a couple of times through out the day.
    I have a couple of other video's i can upload, but i don't want to bore you :laughing::laughing:

30. Any from Combe?

31. I have already put one up this one

Do you want another ????

Coopz21x likes this.
  32. Thanks for more good info !!
    i know where your coming from, as different people will have mixed views on tyres but my car is set up very similar to yours so when my AD08R's need replacing , I am going to try 595's maybe in 255/35 and see how that goes :expressionless:

33. Do like the look of that !! nice vid , not many cars on track that day ..
    also nice to have your own garage :expressionless:

34. I have 8.5 wide wheels, if you have standard size (8.25) then go for 235 40 18's, 255 is a bit to much of a stretch.

Use your Ad08r's for the road

35. Thruxton garages are fit for 1 car only, i have one as i have all my tools, spares, wheels and my over night clothes, if you live close then there's not a problem :laughing::laughing:

36. good idea , i was also told the AD08r's are fairly good in the wet ...

37. Fairly good :laughing::laughing: i would go with the 595's but seeing you have them use them to drive on the road and save the 595's for the track :sunglasses:

RS250 castle combe likes this.
  38. good point :grimacing:
    still like the idea of your own garage, but depends on cost i guess :smirk: