Hello from Dorset, Bought my first RS - 250 cup

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by RS250 castle combe, May 3, 2020.

1. Yeah that looks good fun , nice long sweeping bends :neutral: bet that's dam cold near winter time.

2. Ahhhh not who i thought then. His is heavily modified and not square holes on the front.

RS250 castle combe likes this.
  3. Yeah that looks good fun , nice long sweeping bends :neutral: bet that's dam cold near winter time.
    have to watch this one tomorrow Ian as got to be up at 5;30 :weary:

ianplymouth likes this.
  4. Can be cold in the summer as well :laughing::laughing:

5. Least it will help with engine temps !
    I just watched all the Combe video , great battle with that green soft top :neutral: talk about cutting those chicanes desperately trying to gain on you , until the next corner :grin:

6. That car was a Honda S2000, supposedly running 300hp, didn't find out till after when i was speaking to my instructor :laughing:

7. That's funny .. he was edging away coming out of some corners but very little in it, then you were just out braking him coming back into corners and hugging the apex's tighter .. brilliant fun !!

8. I had instruction there as it was my first time, bought two sessions as it was cheaper, had a morning session and onwe after lunch.

then went out after that session and had a go with the S2000, didn't realise the instructor was watching from the pit wall until he came over in the pits and patted me on the back :relieved:
    He said the guy in the Honda had pissed a few off and thought he was the dogs driver as no one would chase him, he was pissed that i was still there after those laps, that why he dived into the pits with n cool down, so i didn't pass him :laughing::laughing::laughing:

9. fair play , that was good ! if you were in front at the start I think you would of edged away after 2 or 3 laps :grinning:

10. I was there with a mate who had a Focus ST running 305hp, couldn't do anything on the straights, but the braking and corners were a different matter, eventually he let me passed, 5 laps later i was behind him again :sunglasses:

11. :grimacing:
    I guess that was a mk 2 Focus , I have seen 2 orange ones of them there before , like you say fairy fast up the straights but not great on the bends :expressionless:...

12. Yes it was, even the new RS's aint quick there was about 4-5 of them at Bedford last year, not one put up much of a fight and one was running 440hp :laughing::laughing::laughing:

13. Renault > Ford

14. 20200519_222307.jpg

Coopz21x likes this.
  15. Can some one please tell me dose this look like to much body roll ? reason being I forgot to adjust the damper settings under the bonnet ,:relaxed: which were almost right up on the softest setting :smirk:

16. Looks like a battle ship in a turn :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Its not that bad really, turning the dampers up won't stop it from leaning in long corners, that's why you are supposed to trail brake into a corner to keep the suspension loaded up.

17. trail brake :relaxed: got a lot to learn by the sounds of things ... so what setting should I set them for track use , they were on about 5 ..

18. Just remind me what suspension you have fitted and how many clicks in total per unit

19. Bc coil overs ,ill go out and check

20. Same as mine then, 30 clicks each.
    If it's dry at say Bedford then 25 front, 20-25 rear, i have 10kg springs front and rear

21. I just counted 32 but yeah same as mine ,
    2017 so may be a tad different , but close enough :expressionless: right thx for that !

22. I can't say for certain but i would go for 20 front and 15 rear at Combe if it's dry, get a good few laps in and up them to 25 and 20 and see if you notice any difference, it's all a trial

23. It's the same for tyre pressures, but i would start at 38 front and 34 rear, get the temperature settled and the adjust a couple of psi down, but not at the same time and any suspension changes

24. This is all stuff I didn't have a clue , so perfect thanks

25. I will try and get there but will have to see

26. I’ve got some photos from that same corner in my megane. I’m on the standard cup suspension.

27. 38?! that seems high?

28. Thats what i was told, tried 32 on the front but they folded in and released air and dropped to 10 psi, i have run 38 on at least 15 track days without any problems.

29. That would be interesting if you could find them out :blush: and unload them thanks !!!

30. Ha, would love to but I’m useless at that stuff. Any easy instructions?

31. Ok Ian I will try 38 front 34 rear and see how it goes, and keep checking them ..
    im running AD08r at the moment, but might go for the 595s next time :neutral:

32. I find I try to get tyre pressure around 30psi when hot on track. I find gives me best grip/feeling.

33. Oh dear that makes 2 of us :grimacing: are they on your phone ?

34. Yeah.

35. Quite a variant in roll, obviously depends on how you take the corner.

36. More important indicator is the lap time as far as I’m concerned.

37. where it says post reply,next to that is upload image , I got this to work somehow from my phone ..

38. Ok, will give it a go no promises. Bear with me.

39. yes I would agree for sure , but I had a knackered turbo and could only manage 123 up to avon rise :rage: when I came in pits you couldn't see behind for blue smoke :relaxed: most people I spoke to get 135 up there with a mapped mk3 ... what times were you doing any idea ?