Hello all , just had a megane 275 cup

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Davis42, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Hi all , just a quick introduction, just taken ownership of a meg 275 cup in black , full leathers recaros, sold a 335 d m sport to get the megane . Love it so far !

christophe ripley likes this.
  2. Any body from south wales area

3. Welcome.

4. Welcome mate, get some pictures up :blush:

5. Welcome mate, nice colour.

6. 238B89DF-D688-4622-BF3D-F0DBAF045B74.jpeg

7. EC96993C-106A-42FC-8EAD-3DE5CB4649C7.jpeg

christophe ripley likes this.
  8. 0AFC5277-A81B-415C-9FF5-6ABAE53B5CF2.jpeg AF2D3290-5C12-4D1C-9FDF-044CA074A8CC.jpeg 662E5D3E-CB6B-425A-AD3C-7760B946ECC6.jpeg

9. 2A0BEBA0-B663-429E-B676-CF8A6AEFE930.jpeg

10. Welcome! Looks great. I love the alcantara details. Have something in mind for the black machine?

11. Thanks ! Would like to get it sounding better , such as to get it popping , was going to get a new exhaust but after looking through here I could get that effect by removing the back box , is this correct ? Cheers

12. I did a mid box chop on mine. Has a nicer tone, pops randomly (more so in sport) and doesn't drone either. Cost £45 for the pipe and £20 to fit.

13. Does it not effect the mot ? Also have you heard a megane that as had the back box only removed ? Im stuck now as to what option to go for , where did you get the pipe from ? Thanks

14. Doesn't effect mot as far as I'm aware, haven't heard of any members on here having issues. Not actually too sure about the sound form the back box chop, sure someone on here can advise or check out YouTube. Bought mine from Zaustworx. Give them a call first before you order, apparently the exhausts aren't all exactly the same dimensions so worth measuring the length of your box plus the pipe diameter. http://www.exhaustworx.co.uk/

Davis42 likes this.
  15. Which area you based in?

16. South wales , what about you ?

17. You'll have plenty nice options for a drive where you are. :blush:
    I'm in Newcastle so have got Northumberland on my door step plus Cumbria isn't far.

18. Do you have the RS monitor?

19. Yes mate good bit of kit , what does android auto mean then ?

20. It's an app that integrates your phone onto the touchscreen via the USB port. Really handy you use Spotify, Google Maps and Waze with. Can also return messages via sms or WhatsApp by voice control. Google seems to understand my accent too! Are you looking to have it installed or do you already have it?

Davis42 likes this.
  21. That sounds good , don’t believe its on mine , could you then potentially watch tv shows on the monitor ? Is it easy to do ?

22. Not sure about TV? Maybe YouTube? Sure someone will have managed it.
    A company called StageX motorsport in Coventry can unlock Android auto, think they charged me £35.
    https://www.stagexmotorsport.com/contact

23. Cheers mate , would you say taking out that mid section would give the same effect as getting an akrapovic exhuast or something similar?

24. I'm sure an Akrapovic (they cost 2k) or something similar would sound better? I would do a mid box chop first and see if you're happy with it considering how cheap it is. Also drop or remove the back seats if you don't use them, makes a massive difference.

25. Nice car you have there I've actually got a 335d x as my daily still, south wales as well, will you be on track with it or just road car ?

26. Cheers jim , no just for road for now , would love to maybe one day take it on track , maesteg im from , what about you ?

27. In Barry, track day going on at Llandow this Saturday if you got nothing better to do

28. Oh nice one mate , what time does that kick off ? You got a car to go around in ?

29. It's on all day look on the website gives all times about it, no not doing it myself it was all booked up by the time looked into it, will probably pop down just to see if anything interesting is going around though

30. Just fitted a ktec cat back exhaust, the super sport version, was stuck as to go with the normal sport , glad i chose the super sport

Christopher carenduff likes this.
  31. Your car looks a very nice example. How are you enjoying the car ?

Davis42 likes this.
  32. Enjoying your Meg?

33. Thank you , yeah enjoying it , sounds better now also

34. Yes thanks , sounds better now