HEL clutch line

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Mart, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Fitted a HEL clutch resonator delete hose to my 250 yesterday, but I'm not convinced it's right - Ref' photos, the hose metal collar sits proud, rather than tight/flush, but it's definitely inserted as far as it'll go (both ends).

Likewise, the retaining clips re-fitted ok into the groove on the hose-ends, and are holding them in place tight as such, but alas, the hose still feels a bit loose/wobbly.

Is anyone elses like this, or have I been supplied an incorrect hose? (I have emailed the supplier, but they're away until the 15th)

IMG_20220807_121549.jpg IMG_20220807_121633.jpg

2. Does it leak??

3. Was some fluid at the slave cylinder end the following morning, but could've been residual from fitting it.

HEL seem to think it's ok, and to 'see how I get on', but all the other installs I've seen has the hose fully inserted/hose-tail metal collar tight against the master & slave cylinders, so christ knows.

4. Wrong hose supplied after all...
    IMG_20220813_143221.jpg

5. I'm just about to change my clutch pipe, with a HEL ss hose as you've done.

Appreciate your post and the replies as it confirms my end connections are correct.

I do have a question about the slave cylinder end, and the tie-in point on the slave cylinder.
    Attached is a photo of the slave on my 2010 RS250
    Do I disconnect/connect new at point A or B ??

Appreciate the help
    Megane RS 250 Clutch Slave Cylinder.png

6. Replied to your PM

7. Thanks everyone for getting back to me.
    Connected to B and seems to be working - touch wood, and no leaks. Also bleeding went much easier than I was anticipating.

I must say second time in/out with battery box seemed much easier than first time (for gearbox mount). Hopefully no third time.

8. Have you done the short shift mod?

9. I did it in the A point, now have done thousand of kms. and never had a problem, so must to be indifferent:confused:

10. No - don't mind it as it is.

11. Works fine in the a point. Ran mine in that position for ages.