Heaters cold till 26oc

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ChrisP, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Hi all.

Got an issue with my heaters, they a cold till 26oc, then 27oc is red hot! Anyone know what could be wrong?

Cheers.

2. Sticky thermostat maybe?

3. I've got one ordered to be on the safe side, just my luck to be more serious! I have noticed the temp gauge moving a lot even after 30miles of driving!

4. Should be safe enough with a new thermostat, can't see it being anything worse.

5. Have you got the digital climate? I can't see it being a stat if changing dash control affects it. I wonder where the interior temp sensor is on these?

6. Yeah digital climate, as soon as it goes on 27oc the temp goes up and down :/

7. So at 27 the temp finally goes hot but fluctuates from then on? Probably stat then as matrix is fully open at that point. I read it before as dash control fault hence my query.

8. Sorry, I meant the temp gauge goes up and down! The heat comes out fine on 27oc

9. Lol, probably stat as Mike said before. :tongueout:

10. Thermostat changed! Its spot on now! Nice heat and needle doesn't move at all!

11. Beautiful :cool: