225 headgasket repair, car still not running great

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by CR41G, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Ok so just repaired the headgasket on the Megane, but was still misfiring under load. So I changed the plugs and seemed to be completely fixed. However when the car is sitting in idle, and then when I go to drive it seems to be only running on 3 cylinders then after a few seconds seems to run perfectly again. Any ideas??

2. injectors?

3. Ad above or a coil breaking down

4. How can I tell which coil??

5. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

Unplug one at a time and see if engine note changes.

6. Sounds like injectors to me. i could lend you my fuel rail/injectors and see if it cures your car and if it does send yours for cleaning. Im gonna send mine while the cars off the road as they get so much trouble although car was fine before i stripped it.

7. Cheers Jamie. But don't think it is that. Just checked cylinder 3 and seems there is water still lying on top of the piston. Any ideas what this could be? Cracked head??

8. If your getting water on top of the pistons could be head, engine block. Was the head skimmed? If your head warped when the head gasket failed a new gasket would be useless without skimming. Your best bet would be a leak test to confirm what's wrong with it.

9. Yeah head was skimmed. Just bought a compression tester. So can have a look when I get that.