Golf mk7 R

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by josh250, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Hi guys

Sold the Megane today and have had the golf for about a week now ! Clocked up nearly 500 miles and it is fantastic .

Exceeded my expectations . It doesn't fee massively faster than the Megane but there is endless power delivery and it puts the power down so easily thanks to the 4wd! At least I can not worry about the snow now.

Here is a couple of pics from when I picked her up .
    It has to be seen in person to appreciate . Particularly the colour which is incredible ! Hopefully going to get her detailed .

Didn't go for leather but I am glad as the high price wouldn't have been worth it, the seats are brilliant . Loving all the blue lights inside and little touches to make it that much more special.

Will update when I've had a bit more time , time for a clean tomorrow !

Cheers
    ce874c03055b9c0cecfab252ddda20c5.jpg 15ccb51248711260eefd8d8a08f1f57b.jpg ec503152ea0eca290422e3342bde7c63.jpg 6f4b2ed391657d611d07746d18bf0dc8.jpg d8977b1814408499ff34c9584be4a264.jpg

2. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Looks fantastic. Enjoy!

3. Nice purchase mate. Seen a few of these going about now. Just a bit of a shame that it looks like any other golf on the road. Did you go for the DSG box?

4. Cheers mate. I took over an order and it was a manual so I couldn't change that. Although I am not too fussed its still awesome.

Thats why I went for the blue because it only comes in R and stands out a lot especially when its clean! I was concerned about it looking too plain! The exhausts help!

5. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Looks lovely Josh, do these normally once a week :smile:

Definately have it detailed it really brings the colour out:
    [​IMG]

6. No megane :wink: but as long as you are happy mate bet its still a great car!

7. Ah nice one yes I want to get it sorted ! Has swirls from when I picked it up!! How much do you charge ? Pm me if easier .

Haha cheers Matt . I know it's no Megane but gotta try new things !

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Great choice Josh, Brilliant cars. Not much will come close to one on outright A-B pace in the UK

9. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

looks naughty!

10. looks mint seen a few of these and the blue really is a mint finish when there clean

11. Love these. Followed one earlier and it has got a nice chunky look. 4 exhausts this side of a C63 is overkill I think, but still a weapon. Enjoy the Winter in it! :smile:

12. I love everything about these apart from the exhaust too. Looks daft to me but I'd still have one.

13. Ive had the Leon for a month and only done 400 mile Josh and i agree the power comes in a lot lower and just keeps building, dont feel as raw and exciting as my Megane did more grown up and composed. Mines off to Eds for detailing on the 12 of Jan.

14. Superb car!! Not into the blue myself but what a car! My mate has a white one DSG and has had it Revo'd and my god it's quick!!!! It is exactly what the magazines say....the perfect all rounder!

Nice choice.

15. Nice, im looking at one of these or the cupra next. Altho id go for the R with the 2 central exhausts, 4 is too much , but just my preference.

16. Looks great mate, test drove one about a month ago, impressive bit of kit. I think the blue looks wicked. Enjoy

17. Love these! I'd have one in a shot if I could justify the price.

18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Those cheap lease deals were highly tempting. Brilliant car and probably the quickest car out the box you could buy in that class in terms on A-B pace in the Uk.

19. Definite weapon. Good from VW considering how unimpressive the previous Golf R was. Would still have the Meg though :smile:

20. Saw a golf R this evening having a play with what appeared to be a modded 135i. Both cars are very quick off the line. Can't believe my eyes with the golf tho, it catapults, even the more powerful Beamer couldn't match it for the start. Impressive cars!

21. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Indeed, I came across my first one on the road last weekend. For a stock car it is properly quick. The way it slingshots out of corners is something else. Sounds excellent as well

22. Common as muck now though, bloody loads of them around here. Including ones with crappy aftermarket and sometimes tatty wheels.
    It won't be long before every second rate drug dealer and wide boy is driving around in one on cut springs and stretched tyres.

23. Yeah I notice a few about, pretty much daily now must be some good deals to be had.

With the golf R in mind tho I suspect the mk4 Meg (whether imminent or not) will surely have AWD , seems everything over 300 Bhp does these days

24. I easily see 2-3 a day. They're becoming very common.. I suppose that was always going to happen with a top of the range Golf. There's one that lives a couple of doors down from me. Farts on upshift every time and I don't view that as a good noise. It would wind me right up if I had one

25. They sound great a mate of mine has got the Revo stage 1 it's rocket now.

26. They will be common with the lease deal VWFS offered, £210 a month, amazing

27. clearly they're banking on it holding it's value the first 3-4 years

28. Yes fair play they backed themselves.

29. This is something that gets me, are VW and the Golf so ingrained into society that they are able to completely defy supply and demand.

It appears they've done well at selling them and have had very keen finance deals but that same massive amount of supply would seem to surely outstrip any demand on the 2nd hand market when all their leases end in 3 years time and the markets flooded with 1000's of Golf R's. Time will tell but it'll be interesting to see if the values suffer as a result of their appearing to be so many of them out there.

Meanwhile Audi have sold a handful of S3's :tongueout:

30. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Of course, Fast Golfs have always held their value well.

31. slight edit :wink:

32. The S3 would be my choice. The interior is much more nicer ! Both have 296ps.

33. Boring inert steering and a (while better than any other Audi I've driven) front end that feels just as vague.
    The engine has all the character of the colour beige and it sounds like the engine is somewhere remote and not connected to you.

Fine if you want to spend 40k on a hatchback...

34. Picked mine up last week, quite a change from the r26

35. just spent three day chasing one around peak district Kielder forest etc, brutally quick, with DSG the 310bhp Meg loses out having to back off each gear change whereas the R just keeps going, just as capable in corners, faultless brake's even after 7 hours a day extreme driving with standard pads and all done right out the box with just 400 miles on clock.

Its the future of things to come.

36. I'd still rather have the Meg. 1, I'm biased and 2, I can't see past it being a blunt instrument. The Megane definitely carries the most character

37. That sounds like three awful, boring run of the mill days Impressive machines those new R's by the sounds of things

38. They both have exactly the same engine too !

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  39. It's near identical to the Goof R !! Have you driven one ?? Maybe the old S3 was sh** but the new S3 is very good also will hold its value which always helps
    S3 is £30,900
    both have the exact same engine

40. Golf*. Bloody iPad !!
    The new RS3 is just under £40k