Glass Roof

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Pringle22, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Hi everyone, first post here but I just wanted to clear something up. There's a car locally for sale that seems to tick all my boxes, however it has a glass roof. I'm no pro-racing driver and it will likely not be a pure track car, more of a weekend/track car. Would a glass roof impact the handling to an extent that it's noticeable?

Edit: I think this should be in the megane discussion part, sorry about that.

2. I think it just adds some weight to the car as the glass will be heavier than normal roof.

Unless you’re going for a fully stripped track car and chasing times, I can’t see it making too much difference.

I had the glass roof in my old 275 and loved it, made the cabin feel so much better.

3. Would you (or anyone else for that matter) view this as a deal breaker? I intend to probably do about a maximum of 10-15 track days a year and I don't think at this stage I'll be stripping out the interior, installing a cage etc.

4. I’ve got a half glass roof on mine is a car I use everyday done a few trackdays and don’t notice it, spanked a lot of more expensive much faster cars on track!! Obviously this is a lot to do with people driving them.

5. Ok, so you reckon I should still go for it?

6. 10-15 track days a year is pretty serious, if the spec is good and you really are not bothered about track times go for it. if you think you will be swayed by the whole track scene and look to drop as much weight as possible the glass roof will be a pig to change.