Geo Settings

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Fandango, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Hi all.

I am looking for recommended geo settings for RS265.

Car will be track only (only road use is to and from tracks).

Is on BC dampers if it makes a difference.

Cheers Carl

2. 2.5 to 3 degrees camber and needs a bit of toe in, sorry cant remember how much, still okay if your driving on the road, mine was set at 2.5 degrees and was fine maybe a bit more tramlining

3. How much in ? +002-3 per side?

4. think it was somewhere around that

5. For track you'll want toe out instead of toe in.

6. for straight stability I need toe + as I understand

7. EXTRACT (by others)
    Effects of toe-in and toe-out
    There is one more effect of camber that we haven’t mentioned yet. If you roll a free tire at an angle, it would want to follow an elliptical trajectory instead of a straight line. In other words: an angled tire wants to turn. The force that causes this effect is called camber thrust. This results in a bit more friction, heat and wear, which can be offset by a toe-out adjustment. You can also use a toe-out adjustment to get the slip angles of the front tires in a more optimal spot. So you’d typically run some toe-out on the fronts.

This factor was very important when racing low powered Formula Vee's - ie you want to offset the increased rolling resistance with -1.5 camber, with negative toe. Also got quicker turn in and tyres up to temp quicker because of increased slip angle.

To be honest I'm not so sure it matters with our RS250's if it has a small amount of in/out toe. Best to try initially with zero or slightly in and then move into toe out and see how it suits you/track ie if it begins to wander at high speed down the straights, you've reached the limit.

8. My settings for 90% track use are:

Front:
    -2.7 camber
    -0.05 toe (out) - this improves turn in whereas toe in improves high speed stability
    +1 caster - again increases negative camber on turn in without effecting the straight line camber

Rear:
    -1.5 camber
    0 toe

Seems to work well on most tracks ive been on, these settings are also without coilovers so id imagine if i had dampening adjustment it would be much improved.

gvar likes this.