Gearbox rebuilds

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by James Thornborrow, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Evening all,

The gearbox on my RS250 has decided to sound like 2 skeletons having a shag. Who are the reputable people to send the gearbox to for rebuild/new bearings etc?
    Thanks.

2. Ktec seem to be doing a few recently.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

3. Exactly the same issue with my 275 Cup-S it's a 2016 plate done 27k miles.. Luckily they are doing mine under warranty. Its a very expensive job so I hear good luck with yours

4. Just to let you know. There are some rebuilded gearboxes from 265-275s wich came with LSD. Where 250s didn't. It a nice upgrade if you are going to some trackdays during the year. They are about 400-600 pounds.

Mircea likes this.
  5. On my 275 Trophy, the gearbox is whining in 5th and 6 th speed especially in summer once hot, from the beginning with 36k till now with 83k kms, the noise didn´t get worse. That´s a pretty well-known issue here in Germany. A buddy of mine confirms exactly the same with his 250. The gearbox is basically from a commercial van, thats the reason why it´s that strong. Maybe on vans, they didn´t take that much effort of optimizing NVH issues. If the noise doesn´t come up suddenly I wouldn´t be worried. Now in winter, the noise is not occuring.