Gearbox rebuild

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by sunnylunn, Jan 25, 2018.

1. anyone know of a good reputable place around Kent area I could get a gearbox reconditioned?

2. i know of one in midlands and my gearbox is there currently but that's no help really:anguished:

What's wrong with yours?

3. I've just bought a 225 box needs a refurb, going to put a gripper in it, my gearbox is whining in mine

4. Speak Mark on the Cliosport forum, goes by the name of NorthloopCup.

He did my Clio box with a Quaife.

Sure he can do Megane boxes.

He's in the Midlands area though.

5. I don't mind a bit of travelling, just want to know whoever gets to do it knows what they are doing and will actually change bearings etc instead of just cleaning the casing and saying its been fully refurbed

6. As above ive seen Marks work and its very very good. He's ultra thorough :sunglasses:

sunnylunn likes this.
  7. cheers fellas

8. As i said he rebuilt a Clio box for me and fitted a diff. It had a new 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear and yes it wasn't cheap :tearsofjoy:

Think he only charges about £160 for labour.

9. Geartech midlands just did my Gearbox really knoiwledgeable, They change every seals, bearings supplied by me, regrind all syncro's and rebuild all for £200 +vat. really friendly staffs amd happy to answer any questions.
    They even allowed me to pick the gearbox at 7am.

The guy from cliosport was not helpfull whatsoever nor he did want to fit my bearings that i supplied

10. Depends what the bearings were.

He wouldn't want it to come back at him if they were to fail, making him look bad.

11. no good bearing with steel cage from known brand (timken 4 off, SNR 1 off and NTN 3 off...)
    he said he will fit whatever was in there as standard, he was not happy to do anything to try to make the gearbox better, geartech are still garantying the gearbox regardless even with my bearings.
    here the list of the bearing in my gearbox now refurbed:

Roulement 30205-NTN 12.46 € x2 24.92 €
    Roulement 32009VC12UA-SNR 24.92 € x1 24.92 €
    Roulement LM300849-LM300811-NTN 23.29 € x1 23.29 €
    Roulement NP417384-Y30206M-TIMKEN 13.29 € x2 26.58 €
    Roulement NP868033-NP666556-TIMKEN 18.29 € x2 36.58 €

12. Ahh right, well i've never heard of any bad stories from any of his work.

He must have his reasons for not fitting the ones you were supplying.

13. i am sure he had good reason, however i did not find him very friendly on the phone anyway,