225 Gear stick not working.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Pinkie, Jan 25, 2017.

1. So 10 days ago my gear stick decided it no longer wanted to select gears. I had a mechanic have a quick look at it, and said it is the gear stick end because both the cables are still connected to the gear box selectors.

How do I go about getting to the cables at the gear stick? from under the body or from the interior?

2. PS: It broke at 5:30pm out the front of the mechanic, so he was on his way out and helped me move the car as it stopped selecting as I was trying to get into reverse in the middle of the parking lot blocking his car.

3. Anyone that's pulled one apart? I just need to know how to get to the cables that connect to the gear stick.

So I go under the car to get to them or from the interior? Please I need help

4. Did you sort this out? same thing happened to mine yesterday.
    Gear stick flops back and forth, won't go sideways, cables are connected at gearbox.
    It wouldn't go into R so went into 1 and as it came out of one it just started flopping around, with the clutch engaged there is a grinding sound like gears not engaged. I've ordered a new selector