gear change is it right dont central

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ste drivs, Apr 22, 2015.

1. i have a megane 225 and when it is in neutral,if i move it left it dont spring back or move it right,then it stays the way i push it, like in my octavia if i wiggle left to right it goes back central if you no what i meen,is that normal

2. No, the plastic bush in the selector needs boring out or new selectors

3. Its your selector bushes, they might have just fouled up. Happened to me give it all a thorough clean and refit will be sweet.

4. ok thanks will do it tomorrow

5. my friend has a breakers yard with some normal meganes will they be the same selectors or bushes

6. Are you finding it difficult to go through the gate nicely ?. As i have the same problem. i have been told to hone the bush out slightly as it expands. but havent got round to it yet. it is very frustrating when trying to shift up or down at speed. let us know how you got on as im interested how you get on..

7. i took the linkage out the bush and filed it down abit as it was tight and had hardly any movenent now its free and works and goes back to neutral,so just take the link out the bush and file it down till its free when you put it back in the bush