Gear Box Mount broken

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Haomaru, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Hi on sunday after a traffic light, on first gear my gear mount broke, this make a tremendus noise breaking also the driveshaft. I feel loosing tranction on this wheel and inmediatly kill the switch thinking was the engine. Do u think might be any more damage?, right now meg is with my mechanic and duno exactly how the mount broke, Any advice?
    Thx

2. ebdfb4a4896f55544cd87b8e6ed2f092.jpg
    371743e5f31bc7ece5352ab00e1789c8.jpg

3. Is this the mk3 Megane? I think there was a few cases of the gearbox mount breaking on those.

4. Mk2

5. Seems the mount screws get lost , apparently were not tight. The driveshaft disarmed when all happend and some bearings are lost, do you think cant be rebuild? , nothing is broken. Need advice if there is compatible bearings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Well i change the driveshaft, mount is okay, it only screw out, apparently they were not tight enough.

Now Im worry that it got a weeee!! sound every cycle , I dont know if when the engine fall off it hurt a pulley or something, it listening as a pulley or pump water. also the carter rub when falling, there is not an aparently damage but that wee sound is knew.