Gareth’s Red RS250

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Gareth, Sep 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hi all,

I’ve posted a few threads on here but thought I’d start my own thread in here. Whilst it won’t really be a project as such. I will be updating now and then.

Anyway the car...
    I picked this beauty up 2 weeks ago from Chester.
    It’s a 2010 RS250. 69k miles. FSH.
    Spec:
    RS Monitor
    Leather Recaro’s
    Cup Packed
    Visibility pack
    Xenons
    19” Wheels
    Panoramic roof

I’ve done a mid silencer chop last week which has made the car sound a lot better in sport mode but not too loud.

I gave the car a wash today. It was recently ceramic coated just before I bought it and it makes washing it easy.
    Today was snow foam, rinse, iron-x, rinse, wash and waxed with Dodo Juice Hard candy.
    E7DF3FD7-8F9B-44E0-9F0A-0A5ADFAE8E4C.jpeg EBDAEECC-AC48-4A43-B89C-F2822A66F88B.jpeg B76ACBE0-A99A-4B6B-941A-C9846592DA8B.jpeg C65DD3FC-353F-4ACF-960A-9C5780D6B0E1.jpeg

Thanks
    Gareth

2. Also today I sorted the rear brakes as they were binding.
    Sorted by cleaning the slider pins and re-greasing.

Future plans are to fit new front discs and pads. Which I already have when the current one get a little more worn.
    I was going to fit a panel filter and remove the foam but to my surprise it was already done.
    But apart from that I plan on keeping it relatively standard.

3. Spotted your car at Cars and Coffee at Wynyard Hall last Saturday, looks great!

Gareth likes this.
  4. Thanks mate,

Were you in the grey Megane?

5. Yeah I was, good little meet it was. Got this picture of your car.

ff8f8e435547de1a3e8da0e573d16240.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gareth likes this.
  6. Yeah was decent for the first meet. My mates organised it.
    Is your car standard?

7. Not quite, uprated engine and gearbox mounts, PF Z Rated front and PBS rear pads, braided front lines. Engine's stock although I've got a Ramair cone filter, GT Performance silicon boost hose and Properfekt recirc valce to go on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gareth likes this.
  8. @Gareth how you getting on with it mate? I’m hopefully picking up that 265 on Sunday.

Gareth likes this.
  9. It’s awesome mate. Had to get a wheel refurbished due to avoiding a speeding car on my street which I wasn’t happy about.
    Will be ordering some new car mats and wipers next week.
    Get a thread up once you get that 265.

Davyy likes this.
  10. I’ve also tediously coloured the yellow stitching on the wheel, gear knob and handbrake red with a sharpie ha. Looks so much better.

11. Small update and one concern.

Replaced the front discs and pads today.
    I’m glad I used my brothers works garage as it would have taken a lot longer.
    Most was relatively simple apart from one pin on the drivers side would not come out at all! Took me an hour and a lot of swearing to get it out. Luckily I didn’t bend any of them but I’ve ordered some new ones to go on.
    The old pads were very worn!
    DAC3AC53-B43F-4986-9456-0606ED229AE8.jpeg
    New pads D8892FB4-297A-49B6-B727-283EE0D93D79.jpeg 39518638-3074-41ED-8CE2-C7DA0CABB771.jpeg
    New discs 247B3570-153C-4387-ACD3-39150373F3B6.jpeg

matt e likes this.
  12. My one concern is I’ve got a massive amount of water ingress in the spare wheel well. Anyone come across this before? The boot carpet is dry so Im not sure where it could be leaking from?

Next up is to replace the fuel filter and remove the Megane lettering on the boot.
    Oh and give it a wash tomorrow.

13. *Update*

I removed the Megane lettering off the back. Didn’t get time to do the fuel filter as I spent more time than anticipated trying to source the leak in the boot.
    It seems to be coming from the rear lights as both side has padding/sound deadening behind the plastic trim that leads to the bottom of the quarter panel/bumper and they were soaking at the bottom.
    There are two rubber plugs next to the rear lights which I can turn freely so suspect it to be them. I’ve covered them in Vaseline to temporarily help but will order new ones.

14. Small update.

I fitted a new 3/4 number plate on Sunday. I’ve had them on most of my previous cars. The old plate was stuck on with 6 sticky pads so as you can imagine it took me the best part of an hour to remove. One thing I wasn’t expecting was the amount of drill holes under the old plate. Someone has had a small plate on previously.
    Before
    CCB3B4F5-1100-43C1-8E5F-626714F2AB31.jpeg

After
    60E35942-5ADA-4304-BC3E-B68D10F17F78.jpeg

It may look a little uneven but I’ve since straightened it as it’s stuck on with Velcro pads.

15. That’s a fair bit smaller than the 3/4 ones isnt it? Looks tiny!

16. I always use fancy plates 3/4 size and granted it looks small compared to the original but it’s the same size as the other ones I’ve bought from them in the past.

17. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

being honest, that number plate looks stupid the other one looked better

Mossyv6 and ds197 like this.
  18. You’re welcome to your opinion.
    I like it.

19. Had the car MOT’d this week. Failed on a tyre and an advisory on another.

It currently has Toyo Proxes all round (I mean had)

I opted for some Vredestein Ultrac Vorti’s.
    EA83285E-A3EE-418A-AF14-5A8C0F7E4107.jpeg I’ve had them on my previous cars and they perform well for the relatively cheap price compared to PS4’s.
    I’ll get another 2 when the remaining Proxes need changing.

The car is in need of a major clean and will be done in a few weeks.

20. Like the look of your car mate. Quite like the 3/4 sized plate. Like you said it's all about opinions and personal taste. But I think it looks fine. I've noticed you have front parking sensors on your car. Did you put those on or were they an option as mine doesn't have front sensors but would like to install them. I am new to this forum and to the Meg's. I picked mine up Wednesday evening. 2011 RS Lux Black 19" alloys. Loving it so far. I will be putting some pics up asap. I'm waiting for my amazon delivery of LED interior lights and number plate lights. Between 4-6 pm they said so I'm waiting very impatiently. lol. Anyway, mate your car does look really good. I'll be following you and your threads.

Gareth likes this.
  21. Thanks for the comments. In regards to the parking sensors they were on the car when I bought it and was an optional extra I believe from new.
    Welcome to the club and you’ll enjoy the Megane. Do you have any plans for it?
    Mine already had LED lights inside and reg plate ones, much better than standard yellow lights.

22. Small update again but will be adding pictures when I get stuff done.
    New car mats from RPD
    Oil and filter change to be done along with gearbox oil change.