250 Future plans

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by CCowan91, Apr 26, 2015.

1. So I want my 250 all done by the next few months, I'm planning on a RSTuning map. Debating on whether to make a trip down to Leeds and make a little roadtrip out of it for a few days or just order the remote box as I live in Scotland.

Anyone comment on the remote box vs making the trip? Obviously the custom map will be better but it'd work out alot more pricey in fuel/accommodation money etc.

Should I bother with an intercooler? It will be strictly road use. There seems to be a bit of debate on this haha.

2. Anyone from up here in Scotland used any other tuner BTW?

3. Alright mate: I was thinking the exact same as you in like Dec/Jan time...and was considering gettting a remote map done......

I ended up taking everyones advice and doing the trip in 1 day - Paul at RS Tuning did 4 iterations of the map before he was fully happy - something that isn't possible on the remote option, the remote option will work out more expensive even factoring in the 450 mile worth of fuel needed.

I didin't change up my intercooler (R26 not MK3 though mate) until a few weeks ago, but I regret not doing it before/straight after it was mapped.

Once you're there, you'll have a great time at RST, all the guys that work there are sound as, and you have a good laugh with them - chances are you'll bump into folk from this as well - and you'll leave with 100% piece of mind about the map

4. *The map only takes an hour - I booked it in for 1pm and just did it in one day

5. Thanks alot for the reply man, kind of all I wanted to know really:smiley: I think ill definately make the trip down now after hearing that. At the end of the day I want to be on the safe side and whats best for the car. Im pretty para about my car as it is haha. My wee pride and joy.

Good to know he's super picky about the map, sounds like it's well worth it.

Never heard of anyone getting their meg done up here in Scotland really haha.

6. No worries mate! - is yours White with Diamond Wheels? you weren't at Sainsburys Craigleith the other week?

Guys have used Ecotune in Glasgow and they do have a good rep, but its just the fact they are used to seeing mainly VAG cars etc up here - Star in Kirkcaldy have a good rep as well, but again its the fact they aren't 'known' for Renault's

7. Nah man I'm white on 18 cup wheels. Yeah there seems to be alot of VAG focused mappers here eh. Like thats all thats mentioned haha.

I think I'll definately be going with the well tried and tested RST route. Just for my own piece of mind really, this'll be my first mapped car.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Stan at Ecotune is more than capable of mapping them and is where mine will be going to get mapped once i fit the Hybrid and bigger injectors

9. +1 on this. I'll be taking mine here also.

10. Thanks for the input guys, once mapped how are things like the mounts, gearbox etc? Generally not seen any threads about post remap problems so guessing they hold up well. Guy from work has an astra vxr and his gearbox is pancaked, although i understand these are mince anyways.

I know the clutch etc will take a bit of a beating but I'm not much for launching it from standing starts anyway.

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

On a basic stage 1 map you don't have to worry about anything else tbh, My clutch/DMF went but we put that down to a very poor map which got removed soon after