250 Fuel Type

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by gmauluka, May 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Sorry if this has been posted before.
    Just been using standard unleaded petrol in my 250 for a while now (i know i know).
    Looking to use one of the better fuels now and got few options on my daily travel.
    Should i use Sainsburys super unleaded, Tesco Momentum99 or Shell V-Power Nitro+.
    Should i notice any difference once i start using it?

Thanks

2. I like the tesco stuff personally. The shell stuff isnt bad either.

3. What difference do you find between them?

4. I use shell v power only because its closest to where i live :smile:

5. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Shell V-Power or Tesco 99.

Any other fuel made my Megane idle like a loose slut.

6. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

I use Tesco 99. Tis Good stuff

7. Tesco 99 or Shell nitro , , , never seen a idle loose slut , , ,LOLz

8. Will.

Blow in her wide minge and you'll see what I mean....Everything, all over the place.

9. lmao, mine hasn't got to that stage yet. She still behaves!

10. YUK!! , , I just had a little bit of sick come up , lol

11. Will.

Car or the Mrs?

12. Good question Will lol

13. Just the car... Single life so no extra headaches :wink:

14. My car will detonate and knacker itself running on 95 ..

If you open the fuel flap it will tell you the minimum RON rating you should be using

15. unless you have a car mapped to run on 99, 95 will be fine and just have slightly less bang and performance. The local BMW garage puts just standard 95 in the m5's & m3's

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

This.

Pretty much every modern car will adjust timing etc to suit fuel anyway.

17. hmm wouldn't say no to more pops and better performance. Will run this 2 the light then give 99 a go for a couple tanks.
    See if i notice any difference!

18. 102octane in germany and you certainly notice a difference then!

19. It really doesn't matter which brand of super you use, especially on a standard car.

20. It does, bp super is shit along with other supers you get from sainburys etc, only good one are momentum 99 and v power nitrous

21. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Gotta be honest Tescos and shells help mine. But I have an aggressive map. Sainsburys is in it more often than not though (97) or esso (97 again).

Never 95.

22. I find i get much better MPG using Shell rather than Tesco. Although round here the shell fuel is 4p a litre more expensive.

23. Will.

I don't mind paying the extra 4p a litre for Shell because prices of fuel have dropped this year, so it's no different in price than when I used to buy 95 for the clio.

24. I use Shell Nitro+ or Tesco Momentum. Sometimes also BP standard 95. I noticed only slightly improved mpg with Tesco fuel.

25. I use shell nitro all the time, luckily it's my local fuel station only 1/2 mile away.

26. I us shell nitro cos it contains real nitrous oxide so must make the car really fast!

27. I use tesco 99 as it's not out of my way as I just fill up when doing the weekly shop. My local is a BP about half a mile away but their super is expensive and lower octane

28. Yea, starting with a hole in the piston hahaha

I run mine on Tesco 99, seems fine for me. Used the standard 95 before too and it was fine, didn't notice any difference tbh. I just prefer to use the 'better' stuff

29. I've tried the Sainsburys stuff... my findings was that it made the car sound a bit lumpy, as if there wasn't much lubricant so it wasn't a smooth tick over if that makes sense. Exactly the same with Standard 95 fuel from Tesco and Texaco. Texaco's performance fuel wasn't great either. My car seems smother and i get more miles to the tank from T99. V-power seems to burn through very quickly and i get less miles. Performance and feel wise, i can't tell between T99 and Nitro+. Perhaps a dyno could show difference. (Standard RS250) Never tried any BP fuel because its a rip off compared to other garages.