Fuel system

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jamie230, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Has anyone got a diagram of an uprated fuel system for the megane? Parts required etc? Its something i havent looked at much so anyone thats done it on a megane that can help it would be much appreciated. I will run in new lines etc as required but would need a few pointers on the setup and where to buy etc.

thanks jamie

2. What are you wanting to achieve?

ive DIY on mine.

3. I have a td05-18g turbo on the way so would like to get as much out of it as possible. To be honest im not sure what i want from the car with all the waiting on parts etc i sometimes considering just building it standard and selling up but then i get a new part and want to build it again.

4. Well that turbo won't fit.

To get 340ish you'll need swirl pot, 044 pump, fuel lines, regulator and maybe a fuel rail.

5. Why will the turbo not fit?

6. Because the td04l has a different mounting than the td05

7. Im aware of that i will be making a custom manifold to suit. I am going for something inbetween the hybrid and the 3-4k rstuning or ktec turbos.

8. If your making a custom manifold might as well just go gt30.

Youll need to spend 300-400 on the fuel system for the turbo to give its full potential.

9. I just want to try something different thats why i went for the td05. 300-400 doesnt sound to bad compared to what i had been quoted before when ordering my engine parts.

10. Fuel Rail is the hardest Jenvey should have an off the shelf version shortly.

11. I modified The sender unit with fitting a bigger pump. I'm good for 320'ish but really want to push for around 340 with a hybrid. That aside its funny cause once you go over 310 so many other things come into it. There's seems a gap between hybrid Megs making 320 and then forged Megs making 370+ I'm trying to get something in between.....

12. Unless you modified the regulator you won't be giving any more fuel pressure.

13. Sorry should have said, modified 5 par fuel reg with Standard 3.5 bar on fuel rail.....

14. So your not using a 225 rail then?

if yo have a 3.5bar regulator on the rail that's all you get unless you have a rising rate regulator on vac

15. 250 engine with fuel rail. Same as in the Meg. They seem good for 350bhp so hoping for the same in my Clio (if only the world was so simple)......!!!!!!

16. I'm still waiting on them but should have some fuel rails soon. I have one on the car currently but am having some 1 price billet ones made.