Fuel pump or boost leak?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by andymegane225, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Hi all,

I decided to come back to megane 225 ownership after being away for some time.

Picked up my new one today and it appears to not be behaving itself. On the 30 minute test drive it performed perfectly and really impressed me. I had a new MOT put on it and they mentioned that the car cut out on them whilst it was on the ramp. They said that one of the fuel pump wires had corroded a little, they stripped it back and have repaired it but told me to keep an eye on it.

On the drive home today whenever I go to put it under load it will start to pull then literally it loses all power for a split second then comes back on. I do have a forge dump valve fitted and have done a visual check on all the boost lines and nothing appears out of the normal. I noticed it makes a back fire sound just after the cut of power as well through the scorpion exhaust thats on it.

2. Car wont even turn over now. Cant hear the fuel pump trying to prime or anything like that. Think I will start with a new fuel pump.

3. Be worth replacing the fuel filter too.