Fuel pump / filter (or lack of)

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Giles, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Ok, well I've been getting sometimes what feels like fuel starvation.
    so I thought I'd change the fuel filter.
    Stopped in motor factors. Was given one.
    Got home and a quick Google and search on here seems to say there is no serviceable filter at all on a 225.
    only that the pump has an integrated filter.

I'm amazed by this!!

Anyhow if this truly is the case is there anyway to check/clean/change it?

If not any other part of the fuel system worth checking for effects of dirt or cause fuel starvation?

cheers for any help.

2. I had the fuel regulator fail on my 225 recently. got new one installed with new fuel pump sorted the problem

3. You could fit an inline one but you'd really want to change the pump

4. Before spending any money I'd be making sure I knew what the original problem was to be honest.

DO you have any error codes up at all? Is it a mis-fire as this is quite common due to failing injectors?

5. Fair comment Xanda.
    Tbh the fuel filter change was a 'should be Rome's anyway view (from a service perspective). But obviously finding out there is no filter, and that it's a whole pump change moves the goal posts some what.

The issue I was having was intermittent hard stutter at medium throttle when cold. Once driven and warm no issue.
    But car is a little rough when cold (not uncommon on a Renault). Not enough to make me thing coil pack though as fine when warm.

I need to finish a full service off with some new plugs anyhow. So will do that.
    Seems injectors could be worth a clean (car on 92k).
    And then not sure.

Anyone got a pic of the fuel pump assembly?
    I'm so surprised there is no serviceable filter at all. Wondering what type of filtration is built into the pump??