Fuel leak

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by 3 crispies, May 30, 2015.

1. Got a leak where pipes meet under drivers seat area, need a quick fix is it possible to separate pipes and slide rubber fuel pipe over with jubilee clips. If so is there a way of doing this without getting covered, the fuel tank is nearly empty is there a place to clamp fuel line or have I got to get covered, don't want to replace whole pipework into engine bay until later, :smile::smile:
    Like this but not so bad, having a go soon just want some thoughts really. But mine seems to be coming from tank end and is not corroded.
    20140126_125623_zps95ab9abc.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

this is getting more and more common on the Meganes now... I've seen 3 fail in the same spot.

3. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Water gets trapped in the joint... Boom-chikka-wow-wow... Steel pipe rusts.

Cheap part to buy but a complete ball bag to replace. Officially, the engine has to be removed to replace it however we've done a couple without.

You may also need to replace the O-Rings in the quick coupler as well. Easy enough to do but you will need some 7mm ID X 1.8 O-rings