Fuel leak

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by 3 crispies, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Have a petrol smell and there seems to be a leak where two pipes meet underneath near drivers door. They appear plastic not hoses or are they just brittle. Any tips in what I need :wink: parts wise. what bore are these lines so I can fit fuel hoses over them with clamps if need be.:eek:

2. Is this near the fuel filter? With the car cold, I would try unclipping the lines and the filter and use something like WD-40 to clean everything up then reconnect everything back up.

Be careful not to get any dirt in the lines though.

3. Didn't see filter only two lines joining was just behind drivers door underneath :wink:

4. Like this???

20140126_125623_zps95ab9abc.jpg

5. yes that's them whats your thoughts :wink:

6. This was my car about 18 months ago. For some reason the metal pipe on the left corroded and started leaking!
    The pipe is 1 piece from the fuel rail to that joiner and the engine has to be removed and abs moved in order to change the pipe, so pray it's the other end to the tank that's leaking.

7. If it comes to it. Cut the pipe and stick an fitment on it.

8. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

The engine doesn't have to come out but it's a tricky job for sure. I've done a couple now and this is becoming more common.

ABS does have to come out of the way though due to how this pipe wraps around the module and pipe runs... Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Personally, I'd say bite the bullet and fit a new pipe rather than bodge it. Once done, it'll never need doing again for many years.

9. You love doing them.

10. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Yes, that's exactly the word I was looking for to describe how it felt when I did yours lol

I've just thought of a few more, mainly beginning with "C"