R26 Fuel Leak

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by RichK, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Failed the MOT today for a fuel leak.
    Its the dreaded pipe that goes from underneath the drivers seat to the fuel rail. Does anyone have a part number for it as I'm foolishly going to do it myself.

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

3. Thanks Matt
    This is worrying!!

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

01014424.png

5. ianplymouth

sure its item 12 you want, part number is 8200679924 Looking at £224

6. Thanks Ian
    It must have finally given up on the way to the MOT. You can imagine what the tester thought...

7. ianplymouth

I can
    These guys never look after there cars :laughing::laughing::laughing:

If i were you, i would get some 6mm i/d marine fuel hose BS7840, already using it on mine from the metal pipe by the coolant tank to the injector rail.

8. Okay Thanks I might as well while I'm at it.
    I've ordered the fuel pipe so hopefully I'll have it stripped down before it arrives.
    Such a pita as it hasn't done anything since I replaced the clutch, swivel bearings, coilovers etc etc.

9. Ian I've managed to get the fuel line in but the rusted pipe won't come out of the connector under the car so I need to replace the line from the pump. Its item 1 in the fuel diagram, do you have a part number?

10. ianplymouth

Hi Rich
    Sorry for the delay, just got back from Spa a couple of hours ago.

There are two numbers
    8200075175 says Copper
    8200029116 just says fuel pipe

So not sure why the difference, maybe the copper is an upgrade as im sure the original is steel

11. Thanks again Ian hope Spa was okay. I might pop up Abingdon next week if you're going.
    If the fuel line works okay I'll do a quick 'how to' as its a complete *@@! even by Renault standards....

12. ianplymouth

Is that Abingdon on Saturday ????
    If so i might be there, just waiting for someone to pull some strings

13. ianplymouth

Spa was great, wet in the morning on the first day, by lunch there was a drying line so the slicks went on, second day (Friday) -2deg C when we left the accommodation had to scrape the windows :dizzy:
    The temperature soon started to rise, by lunch it was 17deg C

14. Keeping an eye on this. Already got fuel hose from the metal pipe to the fuel rail, like Ian, after the corrugated plastic pipe sprung a leak, but do get a whiff of fuel so still wondering why. Will have to get underneath to have a look.

15. ianplymouth

I only replaced mine as it was too long and it didn't look good curled up to loose the excess length.

16. Spa sounds like fun and good that you had the weather.....followed by the Abingdon, are you allowed slicks there?

17. I'll try and get something written down asap.

chappers2000 likes this.
  18. ianplymouth

Was on slicks at Spa, sure we are okay with slicks at Abingdon, the only track that has said no slicks was LeMans im sure

19. Hopefully see you there.
    I'm taking the road car with a fancy pair of cheap chinese fronts.