Fuchs Titan Race Pro 5W40

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by papps, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Good stuff that pro s stuff
    i also like gulf competition which is £38 for 5 litres from demontweeks ebay

2. Yes it's good oil, I use it and buy when they have a discount offer normally buy a years worth and works out about 90 quid delivered for 12 litres.
    My car does not use any oil between changing but never seem to use the 1 litre for 2 changes (twice a year, before track days begin (February and before winter September)).

3. IMO no, I've always used the elf oil in my 265 and in all my other renaultsports with no issues and all have seen track time. Other regular track users on here stick with the elf stuff too. Completely up to you though, if you fancy a change go for it. As long as it meets the spec you can't go wrong.

4. Cheers guys ,

Yeah Mike, I think I'll just stick to the Elf for the time being, my garage said its totally fine as well

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I run the Fuchs stuff or Millers Nanodrive, For the slight extra you have to pay it is worth it for the extra piece of mind of a superior oil IMO.

6. Tracked my R and my R26 for 4.5 years never used anything else but Elf, that's what is recommended by Renault, I e never seen the point in spending silly money to change it every 3/4 track days, Christ it's still clean when it gets changed.

7. How do you know it's superior, does it drive any different or feel any different, I can't see the point in putting anything in it that's above the recommended stuff, just a rip off, oil is oil

8. I have used this Fuchs in my RS200...and MK6 GTI... it is good I am sure.
    However, I have evolved..now i put what the factory says.
    Elf 5w40 all the way...super priced and I exchange every 10.000km...

9. My oil is pretty damn dirty atm, way worse than this period before my last service was approaching.

10. yeah its very little price diff really - will probably give it a shot oil change after next, I'm probably going to do it a little more often than 12.5k now

11. If I was standard or just a remap I wouldn't bother but as soon as the power is quite a lot more I always swap to this.

12. To all the ones who track their cars on Elf do you also stick to Renault recommended mileage before you change your oil?

13. Personally no I don't but Renault sell you the car and encourage you to do track days, they don't say how many you should be doing a year, they give you a 3 year warranty and expect to see you once a year for a service and put their Elf oil in so why not, my mate bought an R brand new, tracked it quite a lot and the only time the oil was changed was at the service scheduled date, his was stage 1 from the 1st day of ownership , he looked at me gone out when I asked him how often he changed his oil, his reply was, when Renault tell me too and that's good enough really , I'm guilty of over kill but only ever use Elf.

14. Looks like I will be saving myself some money then and use Elf oil next time.

15. mine only gets changed when the service is due. theres no need to be spending double the money to change it twice

16. I used Fuchs pro race last time I serviced my car. Only because I got it cheap, from a mate. Otherwise it's always had what Renault put in it. I can't say I've noticed any difference.

I've just taken delivery of 6 ltrs of elf evolution for a 6k intermediate oil change. I have access to a 4 post lift so it takes 20 mins to change. Also, you can't go wrong for £35 inc a filter & delivery.

17. I used Fuchs pro race last time I serviced my car. Only because I got it cheap, from a mate. Otherwise it's always had what Renault put in it. I can't say I've noticed any difference.

I've just taken delivery of 6 ltrs of elf evolution for a 6k intermediate oil change. I have access to a 4 post lift so it takes 20 mins to change. Also, you can't go wrong for £35 inc a filter & delivery.

My car does pretty low mileage. It's 5 yrs old and on 40k hence the intermediate changes.

18. It's always worth putting an oil flush through on every oil change. I've used the forte flush on a few occasions in my workshop, had some awesome results, even on the good old dirty dervs

19. just to revive an old thread but can anyone please confirm the required amount of oil for an oil change on an r26 please

20. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

About 5.1-2, get a 5l + 1l.

Then you got some as a top up if you need

21. quite disappointed from the fuchs por s 5w-40 .... had elf inside, and decided to try the fuchs, and my cams started to rattle on the first day... very very thin oil, and as i suspect the grades are not equal in terms of all the additives the two oils have. so the fuchs 5w-40 seems to behave as 10w-60 from Elf .... weird... ordered now back elf 5w-40 and will be changing it next week .... conclusion: stick to OEM stuff !!!

22. always used elf in mine for 10 years running 270hp.
    no problems yet.

Mish View likes this.