250 Front brake caliper bolts ,torque setting

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Harvey Smith, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Can anyone confirm the torque settings for the two front brembo caliper, bolts.
    This is for
    a 250 cup . The 102nm figure seems correct, but I'm confused as to what the (170) figure means. Does anyone know for sure what these two figures refer to. Regards.

2. My service paperwork with torque settings says 105nm.

3. BrakeTorque.jpg

This is what I got from Renault page for parts and all the instructions for mechanics. It is for my 275 CUP tho. Don't know if this will be different for your 250.

4. Great,that is exactly what I needed, very useful list indeed ,much appreciated,well done many thanks

RobbieR likes this.
  5. Hi Jeff, where do you get access to this thing?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. I work at Renault SLOVENIA as Techline.

RobbieR likes this.
  7. Hi Jeff, I’m looking at putting my powerflex top engine mount insert in.

Do you have the torque settings for the bolts?

As it looks easier to remove whole mount from car and install and put back in?

Thanks so much mate!

2acff7c11787b6acabca6d4b9d8941e4.jpg
    f7824c48267c40339523880c5a8552d6.jpg
    b9b707edfdfa958c7070f3d299ed724c.jpg

8. Hi!
    I checked. If you are going to loosen the top mount also, than the torque for the top mount (two bolts) is 115 Nm.
    As for the rubber mount (right side) all the bolts are at 62Nm. Also a tip. Before you unbolt the old mount you will be replacing, take a permanent marker or some sort of a marker an mark where it is sitting, so when you instal the new one, it will go in the same place as the old one.

Sorry for my bad English spelling hehe

RobbieR likes this.
  9. Thanks Jeff!

I assumed I would need to take all bolts out to remove, and out Jack under engine block to hold up in place.

My understanding is this - undo all 6x to remove, put insert in, and re-install whole mount.

20417d3dacf9608990cd467a859c142f.jpg

10. No no, all the bolts on the mount you are replacing are tighened at 62 Nm
    Top mount is the "oval" one on the top side of the engine, those 2 bolts are at 115Nm. Ill attach the picture so you understand it.
    So the 6 bolts on your mount (right-hand suspended engine mounting) are all on 62Nm.
    And yes, you should jack the engine from bottom se you don't drop it to the ground.

Attached Files:

RobbieR likes this.
  11. Ah thank you Jeff.

So I am just doing the insert into the right hand suspended mount.

See photo. So I only need to take one mount off, push insert in, and install mount again.

All bolts on this at 62nm. I think this is best way as there is no room to push insert in with it still connected into the car ?
    f93e5f45e71e01a7573a1a995c92f9eb.jpg

12. IMO if you will jack the engine up from the bottom side, you take of this whole mount, insert rubber part and install back the whole mount. The engine will not move, just make sure you insert mount in the same place as it was.

RobbieR likes this.
  13. fitted mine with mount in place, bit tight, need loosen expansion tank and other bits pipe nearby, took around hour first time

RobbieR likes this.
  14. I did look at it but seemed bloody tight area!

Did you jack up the engine to take the load off the mount?

15. No, once got just enough room insert can be pushed into empty gap in factory mount, it’s really just a plug filling an empty gap