Forge Recirculation Valve

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by harryg, Nov 7, 2013.

1. How easy did people find it fitting these?
    There doesn't look to be a huge amount of space?
    Has anyone got any advice before i fit it on saturday?

Thanks Harry

2. Take your time.
    Remove pipe to turbo. Whatever you do don't cross thread the bolt or its turbo off to fix!

3. The forge item is significantly thicker than the OEM providing even less space when refitting, I found a ground down 10mm ring spanner works well if you trim it flat.

also obviously the supplied bolts don't fit, use the originals.

4. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

I need a forge recirc in my life...

5. i think thats a hint naith would please like a recirc valve for christmas please santa

6. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

lol nah, i got road tax for xmas!

7. naith does the circ value replace the forge blanking plate i have,(attached to turbo) also once i take dump valve off...

jay,

8. Yup

9. It´s a bitch fitting the dv

10. Sorry for the hijack, but what is the technical purpose or reasons for fitting an after market recirculation valve? What are the benefits?

11. Harder spring, holds boost better

12. i found it impossible without a ground down ring spanner! This is a must, i just found an old one and filed it down

13. Wasn't a Forge actuator valve for that?

14. Both do it, std recirc is a rubber diaphragm that can wear down/get weak/leak whereas the recirc comes as a metal spring in different strengths dependant on your map.

15. So which one is better to invest in, recirc or actuator?

As I remember members who fitted the actuator claimed that there was no noticeable difference in power, even on stage 2 remap.

16. Invert on DV first. actuator is a must when remaped for holding boost

17. ^ DV are crap, get yourself a forge recirc valve

18. This.....

You don't need a dump valve, absolutely pointless contraptions imo

19. So is there really no point in a recirc valve unless you are mapping?

20. Most definitely not on a 250, I think older 225s may benefit from a fresher valve.

21. It all depends on the diaphram, some hold better then others

22. Does anyone have a picture of where the standard valve lives? And where's the best place to buy a new one?
    thanks

23. Get a forge valve, it fits next of the turbo

24. I've got a stage 2 map with standard recirc valve will I need to get the forge recirc valve mapped in or will it run fine?

25. sorry to bump the old thread... but who's the reseller on here who sells these with the spring kit?