250 Forge Recirc valve - needed on the 250 after remapping?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by BenW, Dec 7, 2014.

1. I've just put a stage 1 map on my 250, wondering if it's essential to upgrade the recirc valve or is the standard one perfectly OK at the increased boost level?

Cheers,
    Ben

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Standard is fine.

3. Good man Ben, let me know how she goes! Henk map?

4. Cheers Jamie.

Yea Matt, from fastchip. It's great, third gear feels how second used to. However, I've got an issue with it going into limp mode under part throttle at low revs and logging an error code P061A for torque performance signal calculation error. I've been in contact with Henk and he's replying to emails even over the weekend and hopefully it'll be sorted in the next few days. In the meantime I've put the standard map back on.

5. Christ, traction!? Bet itll be fun on these damp roads, 265 plenty for me for now!

hope you get it all sorted out, henks got a good reputation

6. Yea traction is a bit...... questionable! Should be running about 300-310bhp and 440Nm I think, got pilot super sports on there which are pretty good. Still, think I'm going to get a set of winter tyres on there for the next few months!

7. so ben you recommend this tuning box n software ????

8. I have the stage 1 map on my 265 I find it a bit of hesitation low Down in normal
    but it's mad in sport mode I have emailed Henk and he said it looks fine for a stage 1
    i think I might get a custom map in the new yr

9. Hi - we are currently having the same issue on friends RS265... After stage 1 remap it slightly hesitate arouns 2.5k rpm and 0.2-0.5 bar boost ... Its doing only in sport mode. Stock map no problem. Did you ever solved the issue? How it was fixed? Did you get another individual map? Thx :smile: