R26 Forge Dump Valve Standard Spring

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by BEEFTEC, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Hi guys, quick question.

I've searched about spring colours and know that as standard I need a green spring then once remapped i'll need yellow.

But, i'm about to order the dump valve kit straight from Forge:

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Renault_Megane_225_Valve_and_Fitting_Kit--product--808.

It says it comes with Blue spring?! Why offer that in a kit for this car if it's not right for it?

I'm trying to figure out if it also comes with a spring fitted in the valve as well as the blue spring or if I need to buy the above valve kit, as well as a pack of springs?

2. Anybody bought one of these that can let me know?

3. Normally comes with yellows fitted & a pack of blues & a set of shims for smaller adjustment.

4. They normally supply whats needed with a std setup engine.

5. Got an email back from Forge basically just saying that the blue spring that comes with it is fine for standard and remapped meganes.

I queried it because the blue spring on their site is for 23-30psi boost so I don't know if it'd even open with the standard 12psi boost and they just replied saying not worry about it that the spring is fine!

So don't know what to do now. Thing i'll end up buying the £20 spring kit just to make sure I get the right spring at this rate as as far as I can tell I need green for standard and yellow once remapped...

6. Have you checked what colour is fitted when it is supplied?

7. Yeah they said its the blue spring pictured. He said blue spring is fine for mapped and none mapped meganes, which makes no sense what so ever from what i've read...

I queried it and he replied 'Its a twin piston valve so all the spring rates are different'

Don't know what to think really. If I do go for the forge kit i'm almost certainly going to order a spring kit with it which is another £20. Then theres the issue of both the small and large spring. If I need to change the small spring too thats another £20 for a small spring kit, which adds up to more than I think a woosh sound is worth :worried:

8. Newbie question. Do you put both the big and small blue spring inside the dump valve?

9. I've just ordered one of them, never thought of reading the small print. Let me know what you find out.

I too wanted a woosh noise or better still a chirp

10. iv just fitted a forge dump valve, sheared the usual vacuum pipe doing so.
    mine came standard with what looks to be a yellow/gold spring. if that is any help to you?

sorry to hijack, but may come in handy later.....
    my car is standard is this the correct spring rate ?
    on the AEM boost gauge , keep getting boost spikes of 14 psi then fluctuations between 6 - 12 psi.
    any help would be brilliant

11. Was it one spring which made it hard to close, or a much smaller about half the size that is easy to close the valve? Or maybe both!