250 Forge blow off valve

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by harpo, Aug 9, 2013.

1. I have to say I do like the sound of these when I've heard them. But what are the benefits of fitting one ? (Are there any?)
    Also the Forge one states that it can be fitted whilst keeping the original recirc valve or an option to blank that off with a blanking plate.
    Question is from as complete idiot where engines are concerned :what:

2. Opinions will differ greatly from person to person but in my honest opinion they do diddly squat and are a complete waste of money.

3. Don't bother mate, get a forge recirc valve instead

4. There are atmosferic and recirculation valves, both have the intention to release excess boost pressure this when the sistem gets pressurize by the air suction of the turbo.
    Atmosferic valve work better with a tune over 400 hp, is like a pressure cooker, less that that it ´ll only drop down the psi´s and give u less power, there works better a recirc valve that why on a RS is better a DV valve.

5. Brilliant thanks for the responses.....is there a benefit of getting a forge recirc valve over oem then??

6. OEM recirc valve is diaphragm as oppose to the Forge which is spring/piston type and has less chance of rupturing and bleeding boost pressure, but be advised that the Forge recirc is an absolute BITCH to fit.

7. Forge hold more psi vs the oem valve, also u can change the spring. U can´t go over 15 psi with stock dv valve and stock actuator

8. From research into this option when I was considering the two I found that the recirc valve circulates hot air back into the induction system where as the DV dumps it outside, hence the name i would imagine.

People say what you want but the noise of a DV is pretty cool, if a little chavvy. The biggest negative for me with the 250 though is that the engine cover can't be fitted with the DV in place and I like my engine cover, it's a messy bay without.

Forge recirc is a pain in the arse to fit though as said but if you got a DV the blanking plate is kind of essential otherwise it defeats the purpose lol.

9. Im looking into DVs at the moment.

Forge DV with blanking plate it the kit to go for then?

10. Dan

Dan

<goingtosoundstupid>
    What does a DV do?

11. When on boost/throttle the turbo is creating a lot of pressure, when you come off the throttle the pressures needs to go somewhere, a DV just releases it giving the typical.. slightly meat filled pastry door opener sound.
    It's supposed to prevent the turbo stalling, but is neigh on pointless afaik on anything not running insane levels of boost.

12. I'm tempted to say that all it does is turn you into a chav.

Grumpy's answer is bang on.

13. I change the valve this weekend, its a bitch lol. Some tips. Take out the inlet, put a rag under the valve (save u for lossing screws)., using an Spanish key 10mm take out first the under screw, after do the top ones. Now with the oem valve out put the new DV and first place the right screw tight the screw to minimum torque. The Valve fits so perfect that if there is one screw that dont place the valve exactly the way it have to be the 3 screw will never fit. Place the left screw as the right one. When u got both screws fit then slightly loose the them, that way the valve is free to move and ll help u to fit under screw. With the 3 screws fit tighten them to the minimum torque no more.

Seems easy but is the more dificult screws i found in my car to fit it on

IMG_1796_zpsa7cceae2.jpg

IMG_1801_zps626571dc.jpg

IMG_1799_zps102839da.jpg

IMG_1800_zpsf3af8f46.jpg

14. Was your OEM split? It looks like the spring has forced its way out of the rubber diaphragm!

15. Hi very help ful post what is the torque setting please