Ford Focus RS - Future Classic??

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by dinn, May 31, 2014.

1. Why do they retain price so much? :confused:

I checked AT and the cheapest 09 reg, 55k miles, costs £19k.

11 reg with only couple of miles costs £50k.

Madness :cool:

Focus RS looks like taken straight from WRC stage, but is it really worth that money? :rolleyes:

Maybe it will be just good investment as Focus RS become classic car (like Lancia Delta Integrale for example)? :confused:

What is your thought about it?

2. I spoke to a few of my Ford friends and they advised me not to test drive one unless I can afford one... Says it all for me.

3. I don't understand this response??

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ford Blinkers, I have driven several MK2 FRS's from stock to a 500bhp one, silly quick and they do handle very well but i really don't see the appeal of them.

Nothing that special about them IMO, 5 pot is lovely though! Brilliant engine.

I came from the Ford Scene and they MK2 FRS was going to be the car i got instead of the Megane but they are far too common, See them everywhere here, at least one a day

5. It means they're so good you'll want one, I know the power delivery is near perfect for grip, and the handling is very forgiving if you reach the limit which is difficult in itself, I don't think the prices are reflective of them becoming a classic just that they're a good car, I think the mk1 RS is getting that way due to the numbers that were produced, the mk2 is a long way from being a rare car.

just my opinion of course

6. I had only mk2 on my mind.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  7. Turn back the time to December 2009 and I was shopping for a new car. Was this close to buying a RS with Lux Pack 2 and got a 250 instead. Shame on me.

8. Focus would be worth twice much as 250.

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

MK2 FRS is heading for a massive depreciation hit, A lot of my friends that have them have sold up or are selling up before it happens

10. really? Although I'd be put off paying £19k for a 5 year old Ford, which my dad has just with a smaller 1.6 engine :-)
    Lost shit loads on the 250, never again.

11. Mate of mine has just bought a white one on a 11 plate, scared of having a go in it , I'll want one for sure

12. I have driven both! The meg is a nicer car to be in, the driving position is awful and I'm only 6ft and felt I was to high because the seat can't be adjusted. The sound of the focus is the only thing about them that I prefer. And let's not forget, the frs is more powerful than the meg but it's been proven time again that it's not as fast.