Flywheels and clutches

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by josh28, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Anyone know differences in flywheels and clutches on mk2 and mk3..

Just talking to company on twin plate clutches And they have already done a mk3 kit and seem to think it would be fine with a mk2

but just wondering if anyone as looked at both or fitted one to the other..
    I've only had or worked on mk2

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Different gearboxes, I'd be very surprised if it fitted

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

PS, what company? I could do with a twin plate in mine

4. I know the different gearbox but I wouldn't be surprised if input shaft is same spline size etc.. so just wanted to compare the units them self and if someone has a mk3 box to measure and count splines for me?

And Clarkmotorsport.. you have to email them it's not on website can do organic, carbon, ceramic
    600-800-900nm haha hold back enough for you..

5. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

I checked this a couple of days ago, a 225 input shaft fits straight into a mk3 clutch and flywheel, it even looked like the clutch plates are the same :openmouth:

josh28 likes this.
  6. I would have been surprised if input shaft would be different..
    does it seem to have similar pressure plate and slave cylinder etc?

7. ianplymouth

the pressure plates look very similar, i am going to the workshop tomorrow, would you like me to take some pics ????

8. M2rs and m3rs clutch & flywheel setup is plug and play :smile:

9. Tidy cheers for the replies.. there is more hope for high torque now.. and price is looking around £1000-1300 for flywheel and clutch kit..
    Once it's sorted and confirmed I'll post details on here about it for anyone interested..

10. yea its xtreme minus the Ktax..
    sorry for my ignorance on that as i was only looking for mk2 was struggling,
    then now it seems the mk3 one is option there's alot more choice out there

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Hmm, Might be able to pick up a cheaper setup then if the Mk2 stuff bolts on, I seen a Helix setup on another forum going cheap the other day....

12. If this is the case, you may want to consider building a 250mm version for Mk2 and Mk3 rather than 240mm. Gives you a little more torque margin. The flywheel is already bigger than 250mm because of the 60-2 teeth.

S.

13. Is this a 100% information?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

14. M2rs had this same kit like laguna GT. I put m3rs kit to laguna GT. Later i installed pk4018 with lsd to laguna GT :smiley:

MilosB likes this.
  15. So a megane 250 flywheel + clutch + pressure plate fits straight on a megane 2 rs?
    If its like that im going to buy one :smile: as mine is at the end. And a friend of mine sells one off a meg3 that has done under 20ooo miles.

16. The mk3rs dmf and clutch kit will arrive shortly.
    Does anyone know the teath number for the 1.9dci, mk2rs and mk3rs?
    And if they are diferent, can it be coded in the ECU and how, if not does it affect it to much?

17. ianplymouth

I tried to fit a Mk3 flywheel and clutch to my 225 with a 250 engine, but still using the 225 gearbox, my 225 is a ph1 not sure about a ph2, the olny thing that was different was the thickness of the flywheel

second post
    http://www.rsmegane.com/threads/225-inferno-getting-a-250-engine.13083/

MilosB likes this.
  18. Do you know if the diference in teeth can be programmed if there is such?