225 Flywheel

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by dave77, Aug 18, 2019.

1. so.. I had my clutch, slave and flywheel changed last april, the car was hard to get it not gear last week, there was a rattle from clutch area, bought a new clutch and slave, got to it today when I took the clutch and pressure plate off the middle off the flywheel had just fallen apart you could actually see the bearings, has this happened to anyone in here so soon after replacing the flywheel, do you think it's been a faulty part from renault, thanks 4e1b526f2c50a16114f9a269b5245ff6.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2. Ouch, what a pisser! I would think it must have been a faulty part, or someone's been rough as hell trying to fit the gearbox shaft into the spigot bearing, shaking the gearbox up and down for about 3 hours trying to get it in! :-) , but that would be a bit of a stretch!
    If it was bought from Renault better sending them this pic. Was the gear change perfect/noiseless when you first got it fitted?

dave77 likes this.
  3. Hi mate yes it was fine when it was first fitted just over a year ago, I rang my local renault and the don't want to know as its over a year and the warranty is up, they are trying to fob me off to renault UK

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk