Flywheel alignment

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jukidam, Dec 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hey

i forgot how I did it the last time and the workshop paper from Renault doesn’t say anything about it.

i pulled the flywheel out and forgot how it was mounted so I can mount the new Single mass flywheel correct on

i have a Megane 225 and want to fit the r26r clutch

75D286DC-5594-4602-B8E8-E720C27F1AE9.jpeg 9FBFBB0F-4174-4816-BC80-40F471548669.jpeg 5819FB6E-4D84-4066-B853-979737EAAD67.jpeg 0E45A506-E5F3-497A-B7EE-88F4F91E9ADD.jpeg

2. If you look one of the holes is offset, so it will only go on in one position.

Also the plate can fit both ways, but the right way is the sticky out bit goes into the flywheel recess

Jukidam likes this.
  3. Thank you a lot for the fast response i almost understand it but don’t understand what you mean with plate an recess

So if there is a Offset I can only fit It in one way and the timing would be perfect ?

I'm just scared of the story you had with a bad teeth on the smf and doesn’t want one similar with dealignment smf :grin:

4. With plate you mean clutch plate or ?
    If yes on the luk one it’s anyways written down which side goes where

Perfect for the idiots like me =p

5. As @ianplymouth said, it can only fit one way because the holes for the bolts are drilled with an offset. Just put the flywheel on the crank and rotate the flywheel until you get all the holes perfectly aligned :blush: . Don't forget to replace the little bearing where the gearbox input shaft sits inside the crankshaft!!

Jukidam likes this.
  6. Perfect, thank you =)

7. The clutch drive plate, one side is almost flat, the other side has a raised section, the raised part fits into the flywheel not the cover.

You have a solid mass flywheel, so there is no chance of the problem i had, your teeth on the flywheel are a cast part of the flywheel.

Jukidam likes this.
  8. Perfect, thanks. Now I understand everything

9. Hey guys

i try to align the clutch plate perfectly with a universal tool but failed

can I Open the construction again and fix that or do I need the SAC Tool now ?

Someone know it ?

I think I also did this fail the last time and reopen the clutch construction but i don’t want more fails

10. You can loosen the bolts evenly all around, put your alignment tool in and tap it till it looks and feels right, then tighten the bolts evenly once your happy.

Answered your PM

Jukidam likes this.
  11. Thank you

but I buy the kit and did it that way

And the end it was a bit useless but it’s fine that job is done just need to reassemble everything and I hope the bleeding story will be a short one

12. Hey guys

Engine is in and almost everything is fine just

Engine runs really smooth start perfect without issues and no rattling or any strange sounds but I wonder about a new starter sound, doesn’t sound like the magnet is blocking. It makes the sound while turning the flywheel

It’s not very loud but strange and I’m wondering what I do wrong ? The starter can’t be mounted wrong or adjusted and the flywheel is just straight fitted so no way there is too less space or something

Did I think wrong and the starter needs a little bit adjustment or something ?

The sound is like you put a screwdriver on the flywheel while Starting, not very Loud just the sound is like That and stop immediately when the engine start and go to idle

@ianplymouth you had also a smf did you recognise a louder or untypical starter sound ?

I think it’s not important but just to say clutch feeling is almost good but need a addition night with the clutchpedal down forced. Gears go without issues in.

And I wish everybody a happy new year and a ton of luck and happiness !!

13. Happy new year mate

That sound is what you get with a single mass flywheel, it's because the flywheel sounds "tinny" when you hit it with a spanner or such like.

How's the clutch this morning ???

Jukidam likes this.
  14. Ah okay that's understandable thank you

I forgot last night to put a stick on the pedal :smile:

i will see tomorrow