250 Flutter under load

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by TEV250, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Hello Guys,

I'm not totally sure if this is a problem or not, when I am in a higher gear as the boost starts to come in, the intake noise loses its smooth note and up to about 3.5k rpm it sounds like its fluttering. Its hard to explain. It doesn't feel like there is a loss of boost as such.

I'm pretty certain its the wastegate opening rapidly to regulate boost - Just wondering if anyone else hears this noise when underload/building boost at lower revs.

Its mapped, intake, downpipe so the usual mods.

Thanks

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Try some new plugs, Mine does it when the plugs are getting on bit but fresh ones clear it.

Or you N75 valve could be on its way out, Again I've had to change that in the past.

3. Who has mapped it? The fluttering sound you hear is a result of how the boost control works. When the n75 opens too much the ecu will close the throttle body to prevent a boost spike in the manifold, result is the turbo starts surging resulting in the flutter you hear

4. It was mapped by K-tec. So do you not see this as an issue then?

5. You know exactly what noise I mean then?

I had plugs at the end of last year. Is the N75 an easy change?

6. N75 easy to change. Mine is on side of engine, undo 3 clips, unclip electric connector. Refit same way.Take a picture before you remove, put it back same way.