225 Flashing Engine Light

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by arokyssi, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Hello all,

On a 3 occasions over the last few weeks I have notice the engine light flash on and off for around 30 seconds. After this it stays off.
    It has happened in the cold ( by the time I reach the end of my road) and warmed up (after around 30 mins driving).
    I have noticed no decrease in power or any other odd feelings.
    There is no code showing up when I plug in my reader.

If anyone has any suggestions to what may be causing the issue, I would be grateful.

Car is a Phase 2 225 Lux with Cup pack.

Thanks

2. I just started getting this on my r26.. Thought it might be because of my decat but that normaly comes on and stays on for a few days

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

3. Bumping this thread. Have had the same thing today, EML flashed for a while after initial start up but drove fine.

I have the standard cat but the car is running rich. Possible lambda sensor on the way out?

4. The flashing engine management light means there is a problem with the emissions, i.e. they're too high. I had this on my R26 a while back, I replaced the injectors (a common fault ), and this solved the problem for me.

5. Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it. Not come back since thankfully. It has been running rich but seems to be running cleaner lately too

6. I find mine does this when I'm stationary for a period of time or if I'm cruising on the motorway at constant low revs. If I drop it down a gear or get going from traffic it soon disappears.

I assume it's an injector tbh.