R26 Fitting forge recirc valve, how??????

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Forceindia, Jul 5, 2014.

1. I'm quite mechanically adept. Fitted seats, exhaust, brakes etc. This has completely defeated me! Went out this morning to attempt it, after 30mins haven't got even close to undoing the lower bolt. With the angle and pipes in the way, can't even loosen it!

2. Lower bolt is one of the easier ones it's the left one next to the head that's a bastard.

For the lower bolt undo the intake pipe from the turbo and push it out the way, I find a 10mm ratchet spanner is particularly effective here.

For the left hand bolt use a ring end spanner ground down very very thinly for access, keeping in mind the new Forge item is a great deal thicker so sits even closer to the head!

3. As per the above, i had to file down a ring spanner to get it done. Easy as after that!

4. Intake pipe is definitely the issue. But the bolt to loosen is in a position I can't get to.

5. With a 10'mm spanner, and allot of patient. It took me like two hours on fiting the Dv.

6. Flex head ratchet spanner will help out .. Got mine off dead easy really .. It was getting the left hand bolt in which I found hardest

I ended up wrapping some cotton round the bolt head so I could get it started in the thread , then just tighten and job done