Fitting decat to a remapped Meg - map tweak required?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Alex__, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Hi all,

Ive got an RS250 which has been mapped with a cat-back and intake. Id like to fit a decat, but wondering if Id need to have the map tweaked to suit?

From what the previous owner has told me, its just a generic map, i.e. wasn't done on a dyno, so I think it was just an off the shelf map. Which makes me think the car wasn't mapped to the mods on the car. (The car has since been dynoed and had the AFRs checked).

Thoughts?

imprezaworks likes this.
  2. It has the potential to over boost so personally i would get it done properly by a mapper such as engine dynamics etc

Alex__ likes this.
  3. Agree entirely with that, you are risking serious engine damage if you don’t get it mapped to suit the mods on it.

Mikey4410 and Alex__ like this.
  4. Noted. Ill get it remapped properly when I get a decat then

Mikey4410 likes this.
  5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Its not going to blow up, The ECU is smart enough to adjust fuel trims etc to stay safe.

I ran mine with a decat without map being adjust for like 2 years with no issues....

James275 and massivewangers like this.
  6. The single most restrictive item in zorst system is CAT, remapping will not only keep engine happy but good potential to up power considerably

7. Bought one then :smile:

8. Yup! :smile:

Will get some pics up on CS soon

imprezaworks likes this.
  9. Nice

10. will be worth mapping as it should free up some bhp.

Mikey4410 likes this.