225 Fitting Cooksport springs and rear disks and pads

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Danp, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Does anyone in the Bath/Bristol area want to do me a massive favour and fit these for me? I will pay but my local mechanic has quoted me £300+ to fit them.

2. Fire Luke. a pm. He may be able to sort you out.

3. It's easy enough to attempt yourself, just book a day off work. Have a few guides ready and the appropriate tools.

4. The front hub setup does make these particularly difficult to change. I find the dampers fitted with lowering springs just fit back in the hub without stripping it off the car and if your willing to bin the old springs cut them and compress the damper, makes the job much quicker.

5. Can you point me in the direction of a guide? Tried searching on both forums but can't find any. What tools will I need?

Dont really want to cut the springs

6. If you are as mechanically minded as me i wouldn't bother lol.
    I've mailed Luke on Facebook. Hopefully he'd be able to sort you out.

7. Thanks mate.

8. I would seriously advise you do not cut the front springs whilst compressed . Would probably take your face off !

Just remove the hub takes about 10mins longer

9. exactly what I was thinking sounds dangerous

10. Nah done it twice now, if the front suspension has no weight on it there's not so much compression in them. Yeah they ping a bit when they go but nothing dangerous.

11. I've not changed them in the R26 but in my 172 there was no need for spring compressors.

12. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Bath classic and american in Temple cloud 01761 453330 ask for Jerry, they will give a decent price for fitting it all mate.

13. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

+1 on the above!

14. Called jerry and he quoted me £350. Does that sound about right? Seems expensive to me.

15. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Yeh it's 2 hours labour! Cooksport not available to do it?

16. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Drive to me ill do them for £200

17. Ill email cooksport now.

Mark I would but would cost me £100 in petrol to get to you. Unless you fancy a trip to the countryside? :wink:

18. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Book time is about 5 hours? decent quote if you go by that.

19. 5 hours really i dont want to pay that much ? Birchdown quoted me 86 quid

20. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

I could do the rear including brakes in an hour and I'm utterly useless. 5 hours... Come on!!

21. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Yeah hour for rears is fine think book for them is .7 or something, do brakes while at the springs.

Summit about the fronts makes it a pain in the arse? Just checked dialogys and it said just over 4.5 just for front two!