R26 Fitting a Quick Shift & Induction Kit / Silicone Hoses...

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by wardyworld, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Hi,

I have a short shifter from K-tec that I'd like to fit myself - there are no instructions and although not totally inept, engines are a bit of an unknown to me...

Can anyone give me a bit of background on whats required? I know take out battery, battery tray and air box - what next?

I also want to fit my silicone induction hose and K-tec induction kit - but I cant even see the end of the hose to remove it from the turbo end - is this easier to access when the airbox is out of the way? Has anyone used the K-tec induction hose with their induction kit and if so, does the silicone hose require cutting down like the standard pipe does?

Cheers,

Adam

2. What I'd do is take the airbox and battery out to get as much access as possible. You have to reach round the back of the turbo mostly by feel and find the jubilee clip that holds the intake pipe on. You'll want a 1/4 inch ratchet with a 7mm socket on. It's tight and its fiddly but you can get to it.

3. Yes you have to trim the induction hose down to fit the K-tec induction kit. I thought I remember mine coming you instructions of how much to trim it by?!

If not just get it roughly in place and you should easily see how much you need to trim of it

4. Thanks - was this the standard induction hose you trimmed? I've bought a silicone hose from K-tec, was hoping that this would just fit onto the induction kit pipe without needing any trimming?

Adam

5. No, I also brought the K-tec induction hose and that's still needs trimming. They are designed to fit the standard airbox which is further from the turbo than when the induction kit is installed

6. Got you, thanks for the info