225 Fitting a Gripper LSD

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Faultless, Jun 8, 2019.

1. All good Ian!

May have this running in the next week or two!

Won't be on track until next year now though, currently fighting a speeding ticket in court which is costing me an absolutely scandalous amount of money so I won't be spending any more pennies until that's out of the way!

2. Ohhh that's sad to here, i presume that you weren't guilty then :dizzy: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

let us know when you book anything, got my gearbox to rebuild soon, my spare one that is.

Got two more trackdays this year and that will be it for this year.

will be watching out for the deals before the new year though.

3. 69mph in a 70mph.

Little did I know, even after nearly 15 years of driving these vehicles, that a transit van can only do 60mph on a dual carriageway!

However, they only have 14 days to issue the ticket and neither myself or the lease company recieved it in that time frame. Despite me providing evidence to support this and them providing zero evidence, I find myself in court, potentially looking at 9 points plus fines etc!

I haven't looked at dates next year, Anglesey is the closest to me but once I get more confidence in the car I'll be looking all over the country!

4. Yepp van is restricted to 60mph, you wouldn't believe the ones trying to push me out of the way on the motorway at 85 :tired:, brake checked one he didn't like that :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm at Oulton on the 17th December, if you want to turn up, passenger laps available :laughing::laughing::laughing:

5. Depending on work commitments, I might nip down and take you up on that Ian!

Had some back pain so not had chance to progress, determined to get the box back on this week!

6. Think there's going to be 9 or 10 of us going to Oulton now :sunglasses:

7. Nice!

Much variation in cars?

Gutted mine will be nowhere near ready lol!

8. Mk2's and mk3's ohhh and a GT86 :weary: maybe a track prepped bmw or a R26r he's not sure yet.

9. I quite like the gt86 :nomouth: never driven one though!

10. I've driven it, but lacking in get up and go, you need to wring its neck to get going, not my choice but hay hoo :confounded:

11. Flywheel and clutch are all on and ready, box is fully completed. This may well be back on the car tomorrow!!

ianplymouth likes this.
  12. That's not taken long :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::sunglasses:

hope it's all okay

13. :expressionless:

14. It's back on the car!

A good day getting the subframe and coilovers on now and it's back in action!

Any recommendations on gear oil Ian?

15. should be fully synthetic 75/90

16. She lives :grin:

Was pretty noisy on the axle stands but seems fine on a road test, thinking it's the noise of the smf.

Slight panic with a transmission oil leak, traced it to the O/S diff seal so doesn't look too serious!

Got to get the rear up and swap the suspension out and shes good to go!

17. Finally got it together enough to take it out today!

Absolutely zero grip in cold damp conditions with the ns2r tyres lol, but it's all working as it should with no obvious leaks now!

Did go into limp mode this morning but after cleaning all the sensors it seemed okay tonight.

Steering feels tight though, need to check the swivel bearings and the new Tfd rack bush.

Ryan Butler likes this.