fitting a dump valve to 1.4tce turbo

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by widget, May 22, 2014.

1. I have recently purchased a Megane MK3 CC 1.4tce turbo and was wondering if I fitted an atmospheric dump valve in place of the recirculating standard one would cause any problems with running? Aldo which one would be best to fit? Cheers

2. Yes is the answer, you will be able to install a atmospheric dumpvalve on your tce turbo. You may find though that all you gain is the dumping noise and in actual fact you may lose boost/overall power. I doubt if there are any specific dump valve kits but I am sure you could source the parts to make one fit. Forge is a starting point.....

With all aftermarket additions especially with all newer cars and the multitude of sensors they have removing the std valve in place with a aftermarket one might cause running issues.....someone else may be able to enlighten you further on this though.

3. Thanks for the info. Might just leave it as is, don't want to screw up any of the sensors.