Fitting a different turbo

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by ianplymouth, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Think my limiter will be lifted to 7300-7400rpm when mapped :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Will make some tracks easier, Spa is a problem as it was, had to change into 5th before the bottom of La Rouge as it was bouncing off of the limiter, then would have to change back to 4th for the hill, now should be good for 4th all the way.

Will let you know as it looks like i will be going in November :laughing::laughing:

sunnylunn likes this.
  2. what prevents them revving to say 8k ian. is it the design?.
    my spec c scoob revved to 8350

3. The conrods are good for 9k, but i think its mainly down to breathing, fitting different cams would allow for a different duration and overlap, but that then moves the torque and power up the revs.

rockabilly likes this.
  4. [QUOTE = "rockabilly, post: 204706, miembro: 13702"] [ATTACH = full] 32440 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

5. [QUOTE = "rockabilly, post: 204706, miembro: 13702"] [ATTACH = full] 32440 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
    :blush:jos del corazón::blush:jos del corazón::blush:jos del corazón::blush:jos del corazón:

6. Perhaps the design. The F4RT has its origins from the first F series engines in vehicles sold in 1983 which had to power sedans, hatches, people movers and commercial vehicles. The first F series engines where diesel so even the petrol versions had diesel architecture.

The EJ20T didn’t need to power such a diverse range of vehicles but the EJ series was certainly good enough for light aircraft. I had a version 2 STi and a version 6 STi and remember revving those to 8,000. Good times!

Eder likes this.
  7. https://www.sadev-tm.com/en/

You fitting something completely different?

8. Different yes, that setup no, i'm not that flush that i can spend twice what i paid for my car on a gearbox :openmouth::openmouth:

9. :tearsofjoy:

I thought you may have completely lost your marbles with this isolation business!

10. No not that silly :laughing::laughing:

11. I'm seriously considering pulling the engine out on mine to give me something to do lol!

12. Honestly its not that hard, good way of getting to know the car and how it works, by the way you have 2hrs 20 minutes as a target :laughing::laughing::laughing:

JJZ and Jukidam like this.
  13. It took me 6 hours to clean it :fearscream:

14. not looking good then is it :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

JJZ likes this.
  15. JJZ

JJZ

by reading your thread ian you seem to know these cars like the back of your hand. [emoji1303][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianplymouth likes this.
  16. Thanks :sunglasses:
    I must say i think your right :openmouth:
    With all the problems i had with the mk2, stripping and rebuilding that one and now the forging of the 265, you could say i know my way around them now :laughing::laughing:

Lexy and JJZ like this.
  17. I dont see a problem with this an id happily give it a whirl an rs200 exhaust manifold isnt much better than this :tearsofjoy: an ive frankenstiened many a part thats worked perfectly so nice 1 pal

18. Thanks there mate, it drives pretty good at the moment, this car has never had a map, so i can't really see what it's like till then, pulls really well but not taken it over 4k rpm atm and trying to keep the boost down, but very pleased with it so far.

19. No worries pal its nice to see somebody going against the grain an making something from nothing that works an shows you dont have to spend a fortune on the word of others to get results i didnt want to spend 300 notes on an itg induction kit so spent 30 an made the same dont be a sheep use your noggin:sunglasses:

20. Its like the short shift mod, for the mk3, Ktec want around £129, i bought a ball stud for £3 posted :laughing:

I think they call it "value for money" hate wasting cash, its better spent on trackdays :laughing:

21. Damn right :sunglasses:

22. I'm considering this turbo on my build!

I notice Ktec do an adapter plate but I haven't really looked into it too deeply yet!

23. Think there adaptor is for a single scroll turbo.

24. I'll look into it in the next couple of weeks!

I was just going to max out the 250 turbo I've got but it would seem a bit of a waste of an engine build, so I'm trying to weigh up options!

Low down torque isn't really high on my agenda, I may even go all out with cams etc to push the power range even higher! But then costs are really out of control at that point :tearsofjoy:

25. I have found a company that makes me a t4 twin scroll adapter for our engine. I am waiting for price and manufacture.

26. s-l1600-1.png
    s-l1600-2.png
    s-l1600.png

Agreen likes this.
  27. Nice!

Its really difficult to think of the best solution for what I'm looking for!

Been reading big unos build and whilst he did face some issues with the rstuning kit, it does seem to work well!

28. I know the guy that has it now, hes had some problems especially with the waste gate, it needs water to keep it cool but its so close to the exhaust pipe

29. That's interesting and a bit of a shame really!

Has he got a separate coolant set up for the waste gate?

30. hahahaha I knew you would like it. According to the man, the job will be about € 200. says he has many hours of study.
    when I know I will tell you something.

I can order 2 units and send you one

31. I'm good with that price mate, if it helps yes i will defiantly have one :sunglasses::sunglasses: