Fitted silicone inlet pipe, boost pipe keeps coming away.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by imprezaworks, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Anyone else had the same issue? I've tried turning the pipe and now cable tied around the pipe and boost pipe to hold it in place.

2. Which pipe is coming away? The one between airbox and turbo or the small boost pipe section on top of the engine?

They're held with dubilee clips so unless they're damaged or not tight enough, not sure how this could happen

3. I think I'm going mad, just one of those days today, brain freeze.

its the one where it pops into the inlet pipe and runs to the engine.

4. The one below the brown plug. Don't worry I will be tidying the joins etc up asap

[​IMG]

5. Rocker cover breather that mate. Just put a jubilee clip around it, it's normally just a push fit though.

6. See I know that, but for the life of me I couldn't think of it. I'm genuinely thinking I need more fish food lol. I've stuck a cable tie round it so will see how that goes. Apart from the occasional drips of oil there's no major concern if it did pop out

7. I see now, mine was a really tight fit on my inlet pipe, I had to use silicone spray to lube it.

If yours is loose enough to come out on its own then as above a jubilee clip would sort it.

8. Cheers. See how the cable tie trick works

9. I never had a problem with it mate, mind fitted in nicely. A jubilee clip will do the job tho mate

10. I think it's just the positioning. Seems to have stayed put after coming to work so it's all good.