225 Fitted dump valve, now car won't idle and warning on dash?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Ben_r1, Mar 29, 2014.

1. As above chaps but I'm stranded at work until someone can point out the errors of my ways. Fitted blanking plate, t piece with valve and connect vacuum pipe to same hose that originally ran to the recirc?

Car at starts fine but idles very badly before cutting out and check injection on dash?

Quick answers would help me out here please lol!

2. Sounds like you've introduced an air leak. Check all the pipes in the bay. And check the hard pipe that comes from the top of the throttle body to the inlet pipe.

3. Funnily enough I left it half hour and it's perfect now!? However the dump valve isn't working all I'm getting is turbo stall noise :worried:

4. Mine does both dump noise and chatter at low rpm, but if your just get turbo stall noise could be the dump valve spring is too hard? Some correct me if I'm wrong.

5. Or no vacuum to open the valve

6. I get a whoosh noise but only if I'm really shifting late and going hard and even then it's only a light and quick dump. Must admit though the turbo stall noise is fantastic! Might just put a blanking plate on the 265 lol!

7. sounds like the spring is too hard, take. The valve off and try to push the piston, it should be hard but not to the point your finger hurts to push it.