265 Federal 595 RS-pro

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Pth, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Pth

Pth

Anyone over that has experience with the new Federal 595-RS Pro on their Megane 3 RS? What are they like? Looking to buy them for trackday use.

2. I have had a pair delivered, not fitted them yet, if Donington is still on in December i might give them a try there, there supposed to be good in the wet, doubt they will be better than the Asymmetric 5's

3. Pth

Pth

Do you know how they compare to the normal 595 RS-R?

4. No not yet, supposed to be better in the wet and better overall in the dry will have to wait till i get it on track to really find out.

5. Pth

Pth

Ok, guess ill just order the pro instead of the normal RS-R.

6. Well at the moment there cheaper, so well worth a go :laughing::laughing:

7. How did you get on with the Pro tyre? I recently fitted the RS-Rs as - from memory - when I looked on the Federal website the Pro was a more road biased tyre?

8. Not fitted them yet, need to wear out the 595 rsr's first, but with the weather and the cold, the asymmetric 5's were great at Oulton park yesterday, will be buying them again.

9. have set sitting in garage waiting to fit....cant wait, loved the original 595

10. Will be good to hear how you find them, I've just fitted RSRs to replace my AD08Rs. I think they the RSRs might be slightly more track biased but not tried them yet. Had the asymmetrics on a road car, was always happy with them!

11. F1 super sport considerably better than asymmetric 5 which was goodyears early beginning to catch up with Michelin. With the F1 SS they knocked ball out park and produced a tyre just as good PS4S and even better in wet

12. Pth

Pth

In the end I didn't buy the 595 RS pro. I've been told they switched to a different compound because of regulations and that they are not as good anymore. Someone I know got a new set not to long ago and was not satisfied, they were just not as good as they have been. I got offered a set of slightly used AR1's for a good price so decided to go for those.

13. Do you know from what date they changed the compound ???

I have 255 35 18's but it looks like they are not made anymore, looks like 265 35 18 now

14. several of the tyre manufacturers are doing this now,
    with new regulations on tyres having to last longer.
    I have heard the ADo8R is one of them..

15. Pth

Pth

I don't know exactly, I think something like the start of this year, but could be earlier or later on. Only thing I know for sure is the tyre's you order right know are a different compound. AD08R is changed to the AD08RS I think, i've heard those are also not that good anymore. NS2R is also changed(or only available in high treadwear or something). The new AO52 are good, and the AR1 and R888R are also still good. The problem is these are twice as expensive as the Federals and Nangkangs.