Fault codes

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dazman, Nov 24, 2018.

1. My abs light comes on when turning left then goes again
    Had a look on an ob2 reader and couldn’t find any codes related to this issue, however there were some on there relating to what seems to be the air intake, should i be worried about these if they havent caused a light to come on? I’ll post a picture of the codes asap

Also back to the abs thing I’m assuming it is one of the sensors but thought i would of got a code to tell me which one?

Any advice is much appreciated

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

If its acting like that, i would pull the plugs apart on the front ABS sensors and plug them back in again, if it is still acting up get one replacement sensor and replace one of them, if the fault is still there, swap the other side for the one you removed from the other side.

Mine was just the plug.

3. Can you use the sensor on both sides then? I thought you had to buy specific ones for each side? And they’re pretty procey from what I’ve seen
    Will try just un plugging and re plugging first though

4. ianplymouth

The mk2's are 100% inter changeable.
    Just had a look and Mk3's look like there handed :openmouth:, i have used after market ones on the mk2, never had a problem with them and the were so much cheaper, if you can wait till Monday i can have a word with my parts supplier.
    not had my mk3 long so not had any problems or pulled it apart yet:laughing::laughing:

5. Seems like the mk3 likes to be difficult if you can find a good after market alternative then let me know for sure, I won’t be ordering till monday anyway

6. ianplymouth

will do , ebay shows nothing for the part numbers i have

7. Yeah i haven’t been able to find anything

8. ianplymouth

You got the part numbers ???

9. 479103524R OSF
    479110965R Nsf

10. ianplymouth

That's the same numbers i have

11. ianplymouth

just done a quick search and i have found these numbers, o/s 0265008940 and n/s 0265008939 there Bosch numbers
    A bit cheaper and good numbers on ebay

12. Only coming up with one or two results
    Saves 20 quid though, but then i still need to find which side is the issue otherwise I’ll be buying two

13. ianplymouth

I know, but it gives you another number to cross reference with :laughing::laughing:

14. Yeah true, I’ll try unplugging and replugging then go from there

15. Here are the codes
    Been cleared and not returned so I am assuming they are all resolved however nothing in the history to suggest anything was ever changed with regards to the air intake which majority of them are for
    might have something to do with the bluefin map the previous owner had, one of the hand held ones, not a fan so I set it to standard and got rid

Attached Files:

16. ianplymouth

Hi Dazman
    Went to my parts supplier and he has a listing for the ABS sensors for my 265, he says there not handed and he can supply them at £19 each plus vat, part number is Delphi ss20068

17. Blimey thats alot better then 70 quid!
    Thanks I’ll have a look at them if I need to replace the sensor which im pretty certain I do
    Is that listed on ebay or a particular site?

18. ianplymouth

I am not convinced its the right number, i have not seen the one on the mk3 yet, so not sure if there the same.

19. Replugging didn’t work so gonna have to change them out, so might try the passenger side as it looked the oldest of the two.
    Any other reason the lights might come on before i do buy new ones? i have just replaced the discs and pads but didnt touch anything else, even checked my brake fluid level and thats fine

20. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Dirty sensor or damaged abs ring on the back?

My ABS light came on briefly afyer I swapped pads a while back but it cleared afyer a short drive