Fastchip Stage 1

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by jjones82, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Hey guys had this thread on the "other site" so thought i'd repost it all here to share my experience

Just tried out the RS tuner box from Henk at fastchip.
    After doing some searching on here it turned out that not everyone really rates the fastchip box and a lot of the threads advise to use Pauls box from RS tuning.

I'd previously used the fastchip on my old clio so thought i'd try it out.
    I previously bought the box second hand so simply bought a license and the stage one map from Henk within a day or two he emailed the code and file.

A nice simple process to upload it literally took about 5 minutes from start to finish.

All i can say is WOW the car really is transformed, coming from my old cammed clio the standard R26 didn't feel much, if any quicker tbh just more "civilized" and easier to drive quickly. BUT since putting Henks map on the car the difference is phenomenal when the boost kicks in it really flies now! Also the sound of the turbo/ whooshing from the exhaust is much, much more pronounced.
    Feels and sounds like how it should in my opinion!

It was also confirmed to me that Henks map is a proper map (I'm not massively technical but includes ign advance, fuelling + everything else you would expect) , not just "upping the boost" as i had read in a previous thread!

So if anyone's in any doubt remap your car now, you won't regret it! Bang for buck i don't think you can go wrong with Henk's RS tuner!

2. Cro

Cro

I used henk a couple of times on my old clios too, I was going to give him a go too (mostly because i'm so out of the way from a decent mapper) so its good to know you had a positive experience

3. Yeah Henks spot on tbh, i'm the same miles away from any decent mappers excluding k-tec (but their not great at remapping from what i've read!)
    At least people don't think i'm a sales rep for fast chip on this site!
    On the "other site" no one would really give Henk a chance it was RST or nothing! But their are other options! Especially if your doing remote mapping

4. I'll be using henk when the time comes lol ... one day lol

5. He is good tbh, responded to all my emails within a day.
    Now just trying to decide when to go stage 2! few more mods first though!

6. I've never heard a bad word said... rst is a bit too far for me so I'll be chip tuning remotely and it simply is cheaper to go the henk route...

7. That was the same as me, heard nothing but praise over on cliosport where i used to be. Used Henk to map my for my old ph1 172, great customer service and results!

But on the "other site" no one rated him, thought why risk it and paul at RST was the only way to go!
    Plus as you say MUCH cheaper!

8. On my screen that came up as clio 2. After you get the kit you have to take a screen shot of the ECU (at least thats what i had to do on the meg, didnt on my old clio 172) but i bought my RStuner second hand for my meg. But its the right page just wrong option at the bottom.
    I bought the wrong unlock code initially, Henk refunded me and told me what option to buy.

Are you buying an RStuner new? as they normally go second hand over on cliosport quite often for around 100-120ish then you just need an unlock code and map, if you dont want the box you can ell it after and map your car all in for under 150ish (after re selling the box).
    Although i've kept my box as i'l be going stage 2 at some point!

9. Cro

Cro

Are all the rstuner boxes the same jones or specific ones for the clios and meganes etc?

10. ahright ill have a look over at the cio forum for a used one, but yeah was guna get a new one as i never heard new of the used ones being about. just an easier option for me being so far away from rstuning.

11. All the box's are the same but i think(not 100%) you need firmware 1.78 or above on the box if its second hand you just need an unlock code and map.

Any new one will work just buy the right license as new box's come with the map as well, or at least they did when i bought my one for my clio!