FAO forge dump valve owners

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Joe R26, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Just curious as to what colour spring you've got in your forge dump valve?

I've just fitted mine including the blanking plate and I'm getting slight fluttering/compressor stall when letting off at very light boost. Dump valve acts as it should at full boost. But I'm thinking the spring that's in it is too stiff.

It's a standard r26 with ITG style filter.

2. Mines the same under slight boost don't think it's a problem

3. Hmmm. I tried the HKS SSQV I've got and it does the same.

4. nothin wrong with a bit of turbo chatter :tongueout: as long as it lets out boost pressure on full toot then you shouldnt get the slight lag which folk say you get with just a blanking plate chatter even tho i dont notice any difference tbh.

5. You don't run a dump valve??

6. nope, love the sound of the turbo chatter atm. and some folk will say its bad for the turbo but its a load o rubbish. theres a thread on here about it :smile: will eventually get the forge recirc.

7. Lol it does sound good. Your brave! I haven't got the minerals to risk it haha.

8. haha no risk, lad on here with his 250 runs 1.5 bar and has done various track days and put 15K on it with no issues. quite a popular mod for some folk on here like :tongueout:

9. Yeah I've noticed lol. I've read threads about it before.