R26 Failed Vibra-Technics engine mounts

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dale1uk, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Since my R26 is being used more for the nursery run than trackdays I thought I'd swap out my Vibra-Technic/K-tec engine mounts for oem ones. Seeing as used sets of these mounts sell for decent money my plan was to sell them to cover the costs of the new ones. However upon removing the upper right and lower dog bone mount I've discovered the the bushes have split :anguished: I've yet to remove the upper left but planning for worst case scenario I'll presume that's split too.

Now seeing as the rubber bushes on the upper 2 mounts are on bolt on plates I thought I'd contact Vibra-Technics to price up replacement bushes. To my surprise they told me they don't sell service kits for them :rage:

So it now looks like £360 worth of mounts are now worthless and set for the bin!

Has anyone managed to source replacement bushes for them before? Understandably I don't expect to be able to replace the split dog bone mount bush, unless these are press in bushes, not bonded in ones?

DSC_0090.JPG DSC_0091.JPG

For reference the mounts have covered around 15,000 road miles