Extremely low MPG

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by TherapistZebra, Oct 27, 2022.

1. My MPG figure on the rs250 shows 3.3l/km (on screen display). This seems extrememly low, especially given the car assumes it can get 360miles to a tank.

Is this ridiculously low or am I missing something?

Does anyone also know how to change the default units to mpg?

2. As no-one seems to be answering your questions, try the forum on Facebooks.

3. Just googled 3.3l/ km - apparently that translates to around 8mpg? Definitely can not be right.

My stage 1 in mixed driving of motorway and urban would give me around 35-38mpg per full tank whilst taking it easy with the right foot

Driving it like it should be driven around A and B roads would give me 25-30mpg

Have you bought it recently? Has it been mapped?

Renault CLIP should be able to convert it for you.

in case the computer is giving you an incorrect reading, full tank the car, drive for 50 miles, full tank it again and work out the real mpg to see accurate readings

4. Hey, yeah I'm having the same issue with my 250.. getting around 3.5 to 4.5 KM/L (need CLIP to change it from KM/L to MPG too...) and I'm pretty sure mine is an injector/overfueling issue. Mileage round the doors is atrocious, but when I put my foot down, on trackdays and such, the MPG gets higher, suggesting the car is using the excess fuel that it's being given when its being pushed. I really hope someone can help out with this because having to put fuel in it every time I want to take it anywhere is becoming a bit of a joke now..
    Thanks

5. Just to help out i get around 8km/L when pushing on and up to 14 on a run. Mine is all in KMS.